Failed Miserably

Red

Hi Raiders, went out with three mates this morning. Hopes of success were high after recent sensational sessions however today was a miserable failure. Got a dozen or so squid and took off for Mollie. Had two kingy bites but failed to connect. We didn't even look like turning a reel after that. No one else seemed to be doing any good so we pulled the pin. Should've slept in :1prop:

Cheers

Red

Edited by Red

Hi Raiders, went out with three mates this morning. Hopes of success were high after recent sensational sessions however today was a miserable failure. Got a dozen or so squid and took off for Mollie. Had two kingy bites but failed to connect. We didn't even look like turning a reel after that. No one else seemed to be doing any good so we pulled the pin. Should've slept in :1prop:

Cheers

Red

Hi dude,

A day out on the water with three mates? Doesn't sound like a failure to me :D It just sounds like you didn't catch any fish is all.

Any idea why they were off bite?

Guest Aussie007

where abouts can one anchor at mol point? just curious as we seen one bloke getting told off in that area for anchoring

Edited by gazza

Red that's just the luck of the draw on the day I reckon........Fish often chose to come in with the tides into a river miles away instead of a closer entrance and all you get are the great survivors of the day, baitfish and squid.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

What bothers me is the fact that the kings were there in numbers. We just couldn't get them to switch on. Threw everything we had at them and still came home with tails between the legs :1prop: . Thankfully my crew and i don't fish to relax.......we never have and never will. Nothing can beat the couch for relaxing :1prop::074:

Cheers

Red

"What bothers me is the fact that the kings were there in numbers. We just couldn't get them to switch on".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red. One of the newspapers on Sunday stated some kingfish were under the salmon and a mate of mine saw signs of that the other day but just as you found he couldnt tempt the kings to come on......

......maybe they're quite content to hit the salmon etc out wider and we may have to wait a bit longer for the kingfish schools to come into the heads, when the salmon move throughout the beaches and the young yakka schools come in.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Better day today. Had a late start and struggled to get squid in the windy conditions. Managed to scrape ten together and took of for Mollie Pt where stacks of boats were already anchored. Didn't take long for the first hit.

Went on to get 6 bites, 5 hookups and 2 landed. Got absolutely drilled on the 6lb outfit which was fun. Lost another on the surface due to a double hookup and my brother in law unfortunately pulled hooks mid-fight on his new stick. My mate Johnno was the lucky angler today landing both kings. Happy days!

Cheers

Red

Hi Wildfish, hope you enjoyed your sleep-in mate. Shame about the strong wind you experienced on friday :thumbdown: It was ordinary out there today as well but it didn't deter the crowds who provided great entertainment back at the ramp :074:

Shadda, the jig of the day was the Duel pheromone Skin in size 4.0 :thumbup:

If you're getting them in the arvo/evenings you should be getting them in the mornings as well. I reckon squidding is easily the most under-rated form of fishing, especially when the big green-eyed monsters are on the go :thumbup:

What jigs are you using? In my opinion, most people use jigs that are too small. I'm always clipping on size 3.5 and 4.0 - these have done the damage for a long time. The extra weight also helps in windy conditions :thumbup:

Cheers

Red