Hat Trick Of Bass Today

mottyman

Hi Guys,

Went down to the Nepean today and fished from the rowing club to the weir and back.

Scored three very healthy and strong Bass. Each one took some line under a stiff drag and one took me right into the weeds and I had to skull drag him out.

In all a nice 2 hours spent. The wind made it tough so I was happy to come away with the three that I did landbased.

post-237-1191144376_thumb.jpg

post-237-1191144591_thumb.jpg

post-237-1191144608_thumb.jpg

Notice the scars on the fish above, just near the tail and the top near the fin....

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Hi Guys,

Went down to the Nepean today and fished from the rowing club to the weir and back.

Scored three very healthy and strong Bass. Each one took some line under a stiff drag and one took me right into the weeds and I had to skull drag him out.

In all a nice 2 hours spent. The wind made it tough so I was happy to come away with the three that I did landbased.

Notice the scars on the fish above, just near the tail and the top near the fin....

Cheers

David.

Nice work buddy, im going to wait for Daylight saving before i get the bass boat out , hope i can do as well as you in 2 hours, but the usual BBQ after with the kids and a few friends will top off a great arvo as usual. Cheers Dave

Thanks Dave...

I reckon it's going to be a great season for Bass - they're around in really good numbers and size so hopefully it will only get better from here.

Last year I was only getting very small Bass landbased but they seem much better this year.

Look forward to seeing some sweet water reports from ya.

Cheers

David.

Motty :thumbup:

Nice to see you got Bass

we were up there Friday arvo hoping the wind might drop

yeah right that didn't happen did it ........ seemed to get

stronger :thumbdown: after we arrived

Dave

was thinking the same thing come on DST :biggrin2:

might have to have some midweek holidays and take the

tinnie up there

Pretty sure we could get even get Stew interested if he

could pull himself away from the Bream in Cook's :1prop:

Chris

good to see you got into man was lookn 4 ya but you must of took off b4 we got there its lookn to be 1 great season for bass i think just gotta find out where the big girls are hiding now

mick

G'dya Mick...

We were actually there at the same time. I saw you and the young fella on the weir getting very excited at the rises and hookups.... I was fishing near the reeds and up under the trees a little further.

I took mine on spinners and the one on a Kokoda Bat.

Now I know who you are I'll be sure to wander over and say G'day next time... :thumbup:

Cheers mate.

David.

Motty :thumbup:

Nice to see you got Bass

we were up there Friday arvo hoping the wind might drop

yeah right that didn't happen did it ........ seemed to get

stronger :thumbdown: after we arrived

G'day Chris,

The wind was a pain yesterday as well although it did assist with casting along the bank at times.

It's definately going to be a good season. Shame I don't have my boat anymore after buying the house but the landbased stuff isn't going to be too shabby either I'd say... :thumbup:

Cheers

David.

G'dya Mick...

We were actually there at the same time. I saw you and the young fella on the weir getting very excited at the rises and hookups.... I was fishing near the reeds and up under the trees a little further.

I took mine on spinners and the one on a Kokoda Bat.

Now I know who you are I'll be sure to wander over and say G'day next time... :thumbup:

Cheers mate.

David.

G'day Chris,

The wind was a pain yesterday as well although it did assist with casting along the bank at times.

It's definately going to be a good season. Shame I don't have my boat anymore after buying the house but the landbased stuff isn't going to be too shabby either I'd say... :thumbup:

Cheers

David.

Well Done Dave nice Bass :thumbup:

Don't worry about not having a boat, plenty of raiders with lifts available :biggrin2:

All do like i do and find spots were wading is the only option, landbased fishing can be just as good and does not require too much planning

Cheers

BM