Replacing A Floor On A 4.5 M Half Cabin

Bayfisher

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a boat repairer or the like that can fix a rotten floor on a fibreglass boat I have. After fishing over the weekend I ended up putting my heal through a soft section of floorring :thumbdown: so I decided to rip up that section and proceeded to rip up most of the floor and check that the stringers are fine and only the flooring needs replacing. I live in the Hills area so someone local would be great.

Any advice would be great.

Mat

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a boat repairer or the like that can fix a rotten floor on a fibreglass boat I have. After fishing over the weekend I ended up putting my heal through a soft section of floorring :thumbdown: so I decided to rip up that section and proceeded to rip up most of the floor and check that the stringers are fine and only the flooring needs replacing. I live in the Hills area so someone local would be great.

Any advice would be great.

Mat

Bayfisher, it's very easy to do yourself. I would be happy to show you how if you are interested and have the time. Doing it yourself will save you heaps of bucks plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. No weird skills necessary, just common sense. Should be able to complete in 1 day, maximum 2.

Cheers,Tuffy ( Russ)

Bayfisher, it's very easy to do yourself. I would be happy to show you how if you are interested and have the time. Doing it yourself will save you heaps of bucks plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. No weird skills necessary, just common sense. Should be able to complete in 1 day, maximum 2.

Cheers,Tuffy ( Russ)

Tuffy,

Thats a great offer thank you. Mate give me a call 0417009203 to dicuss if you like and maybe give me a few things to start on. Ive taken up 3/4 of the floor so its already drying so any advise would be fantastic.

Mathew

Edited by Bayfisher

Bayfisher,

Have alook for a magazine by Jeff Webster entitled Secondhand Boat Workshop.

It has step by step instructions as to how to replace the floor.

I got my copy at the local newagency.

Worth its weight in gold I reckon

Steve

Bayfisher,

Have alook for a magazine by Jeff Webster entitled Secondhand Boat Workshop.

It has step by step instructions as to how to replace the floor.

I got my copy at the local newagency.

Worth its weight in gold I reckon

Steve

Perfect Steve, Ill have a look around the shops today and see what i can find, quotes come in at over $1500.00 to fix so doing it over a weekend sounds like a plan and save some $$$. a Question was it somethig you picked up recently? hopefully they still stock the mag.....

Cheers Mat

Bayfisher,

Have a look at www.seamedia.com.au they have some free downloads about this sort of thing, which might help. good luck.......

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Need all the help I can get will have to start pricing up the materials and do a little more research dont want to be off the water to long. thanks for the link.

Mat

Thanks Dave,

Need all the help I can get will have to start pricing up the materials and do a little more research dont want to be off the water to long. thanks for the link.

Mat

No worries Mat, it's the same as the link you have above, I missed that one. Good luck with the project...

Dave