How To Preserve Berkley Plastics

fisher_fez

Hey fellow raiders,

I believe Berkley platics should not be put back into the pack with unused plastics after use.

They are too expensive to throw away!

How do you keep them for next session of fishing if still in good condition?

Do you wash them with fresh water & seal them in a plastic bag?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Fez

i heard they go rock hard after you take them out and use them.... so i did a little experiment, after a session of soft plastics i put 2 aside, left one in my room on the TV and threw one on the back of my ute after 2 weeks the one on the back of my ute sgrunk and went hard, but the one in my room remained soft... so i guess if u wash them off and keep them in a cooll dry place theres no reason y u cant use them again!! just spray some scent on them....

my mate recently got his hands on the gulp alive range, and what ive done is stolen some of the "juice" not much but enough to keep the inside a few zip lock bags nice and juicy, then i just wash the saltwater off the used lures and then chuck in what has come out still in good nick after a sesson, and ive been catching fish fine with them, they are prob now more effective with all that juice!

Cheers

Davy

They are too expensive to throw away!

i reckon they work out pretty cheap in comparison to the prices of bait they have at the servos these days. they work better too!

i reckon they work out pretty cheap in comparison to the prices of bait they have at the servos these days. they work better too!

I caught 12 poddie mullet last week that cost me two slices of bread. When you hook these live fish up they have an action that seems to resemble a gulp but cost a lot less. :1prop:

Just joking. I dont want to start another bait v sp debate again.

I think you can actually buy the gulp fluid on its own which will save you having to pinch your mates.

Dave

I caught 12 poddie mullet last week that cost me two slices of bread. When you hook these live fish up they have an action that seems to resemble a gulp but cost a lot less. :1prop:

Lol. maybe its just that im hopeless at catching these little buggers :1prop:

and when the mullet run comes, the SPs will be tucked away safely in the tackle box anyways!