Nepean Bass

marlin1962

Hi Raiders,

Went for another shot at the big bass today,it all started at 4.30am

picked up brother-inlaw and headed for the ramp,security guard opened the gate

at 4.45 which meant we could be on the water just on daylight.

Headed to 1st location as per our plan, started fishing around 5.15am, after about 6 casts my

brother-inlaw shouts out im on,as i grab the net i look up to see hardly any bend in his rod,

i said to him'' your full of it'' and all of a sudden he brings in his first baby bass. :yahoo:

Good start to the day i said to him but they get a lot bigger than that up here.

Stayed there for a little longer but no more hits so we moved on to our next location

which started to warm up, after an 1hr i landed my first for the day'' still only small ''

but bigger than bro's , than came the big mumma after i changed lures, this girl did not

want to come to the boat so i took my time with her till she was ready to give up.

So now we had pics of little baby bass, little brother bass and big mummy bass all in all

not a bad morning on the water, decided to head home early as the ski boats started

coming from everywere and i think there were more boats than fish at this time.

cherrs marty

Edited by pops punt

Hi Raiders,

Went for another shot at the big bass today,it all started at 4.30am

picked up brother-inlaw and headed for the ramp,security guard opened the gate

at 4.45 which meant we could be on the water just on daylight.

Headed to 1st location as per our plan, started fishing around 5.15am, after about 6 casts my

brother-inlaw shouts out im on,as i grab the net i look up to see hardly any bend in his rod,

i said to him'' your full of it'' and all of a sudden he brings in his first baby bass. :yahoo:

Good start to the day i said to him but they get a lot bigger than that up here.

Stayed there for a little longer but no more hits so we moved on to our next location

which started to warm up, after an 1hr i landed my first for the day'' still only small ''

but bigger than bro's , than came the big mumma after i changed lures, this girl did not

want to come to the boat so i took my time with her till she was ready to give up.

So now we had pics of little baby bass, little brother bass and big mummy bass all in all

not a bad morning on the water, decided to head home early as the ski boats started

coming from everywere and i think there were more boats than fish at this time.

cherrs marty

baby bass;- :thumbup:

brother bass;- :yahoo:

big mumma bass;- :1yikes:

Edited by pops punt

Heh Pops

Nice coupla fish there mate!!! Bloody skiers, I hate them with a passion!!! they think they own the river!!! Wished they'd stay down near the freeway where they belong!!!

Anyhow, I'm off this arvo to wet a line and take my young bloke for his first outing. We'll be targeting Carp!!! Hopefully there will be a good few caught and some good pics for posting. He's only 15 months old but thought it'd be a nice day to initiate him!!!!

Drop me an email next time ya need a deck buddy!!!!

Cheers

PJ Garn

(Ask your mates who catches more CARP!!!)

Hey Pop, is that mumma bass a big one ? do they get bigger , if so what would be an average size, I have never been bassing, great report and nice pics Pop, Cheers Ray R...

hi ray, not sure how big they get as i have only started fresh water fishing

a few months back but my mate '' all bard up'' lost a monster at the net

last weekend that we estermated it was a 50+ and fat (they say the big ones are all female).

the :wife: thinks i made that up to be a smart ar**. :biggrin2:

cheers marty.

HEY Marty

Nice looking fish there :thumbup: , nice day for it too. It would seem that the fish are definetly getting bigger each trip out.

Cheers Mat

im sure it was the fish that you let go last week because the way it looked at me was

as if had seen me before. :074: and just about where you smashed yours.

we will be back there soon .