Pittwater 20.10.07

dazzassj6

Headed to pittwater yesterday and hired a boat there for 8 hours. Started at 7am quite late for squid as it opened at that time. So we went over to the big massive weed bed we tried to find yakkas and squid. Burleyed up with mince meat(excellent stuff) and bread but no yakkas came for my handline. So we moved spots to the moored boats.

Drkcld started casting my green 2.0 squid jig around after i burleyed and lost TWO big squid! It was our first time squid jigging aswell! Drkcld kept losing the 30cm hood squids near the boat and just ink the water and disappears. This went on for an hour until he landed a tiny cuttlefish. We kept it for live bait.

After i burleyed my other friend told me his handline was getting nibbles. I noticed how all the big baits on normal hooks was just getting chewed up by little things so i thought it was yakkas. I decided to handline with size 12 longshank hook with prawn or squid on it. Chucked it into 3 metres of water and the Leatherjackets was on!

One after another i kept landing Leatherjackets lol all my mates didnt catch anything but me. We decided to move to another spot to tomahawk wreck. Burleyed up but was invaded by tiny small snappers. But then Drkcld hooked up something thought to be a small pinkie, but turned out to be a 30cm long Red Rock COD! Everyone was like what's that when it was on the surface, no one wanted to touch it and then we lost it on the side of the boat. I told everyone after how it tasted like lobster. There goes his dinner LOL

Moved to mackeral beach and caught nothing but a small flounder. All the big baits such as prawns and pilchards and the live cuttlefish was untouched. Pittwater seems very quiet and looks like it holds no pelagics at all ! Will not be going back there until someone shows a productive report in the mean time.

post-1958-1192938277_thumb.jpgpost-1958-1192938306_thumb.jpgpost-1958-1192938327_thumb.jpg

Hey mate i hope you guys threw that cuttle out whole and live for a king!!!!! They work better than squid!

Where abouts in pittwater did you hire the boat ?

Hey mate there is a place up at palmy that hires boats for about $80 for 4 hours, we used one a couple of weeks ago when our boat had a problem. If you have a look in the sponsors section there is also a boat hire place that does special prices for members so would most likely be a better option!!!!!

Hey mate i hope you guys threw that cuttle out whole and live for a king!!!!! They work better than squid!

Hey mate there is a place up at palmy that hires boats for about $80 for 4 hours, we used one a couple of weeks ago when our boat had a problem. If you have a look in the sponsors section there is also a boat hire place that does special prices for members so would most likely be a better option!!!!!

like he said :thumbup:

i wasnt satisfied at all about that trip though :thumbdown:

was aiming for kingys and squids :thumbdown:

didnt know the boat hire would open so late so squidding was harder but the fact there were still average size squid around 9am fascinated me quite a lot too bad i didnt land them :mad3: and that rockcod :thumbdown: I KNEW i shoulda brang a net!! :05:

and yeh we did live bait the cuttle but no bites at all

cheers steve

Edited by drkcld