Whitsundays

Seagoon

We are heading up to the whitsundays this Christmas - has anyone got any opinions on which is the best island to stay on and what to do? Will try and squeeze in some fishing, but im sure there is stuff like snorkling, coral tours etc etc. What about box jelly fish? Should be great. Thanks for your ideas in advance ;-)

hi paint stripper,

the :wife: and i stayed on day dream island and it was just fantastic it

is a good place if you have kids or not, all day and night cruises pick-up

a daydream and can be booked from there. make sure you take a trip to

whitehaven island it's unbeliveable :thumbup: . there a plenty of fishing trip out of ddream

and i think you can hire little boats for the day. about the box jellies they will inform

everyone if there are to many blown in, we only were told obout them once as we were

going to get on the net behind the boat( i decided to have another beer to cool of instead). :074:

ANYWAY HAVE FUN - I WISH I WAS GOING .

CHEERS MARTY.

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate here s what i did the first time i went there i drove up went to cannonvale caravan park put up my tent then drove down to shute harbor and caught the ferry to hamilton island lazed arround the pool drinkin and watching the bird life i liked it so i booked a room and stayed the night the next day i caught the ferry back the day after i went to hook island on the ferry and so on i went to about 6 islands over a couple of weeks if it was good on 1 i`d stay if not just catch the ferry back and go somewhere else tommorrow

you could hire tinnys from shute harbor for fishing

lol but u are propably flying up hamilton is good and they can arrange just about anything u want just take plenty of cash theres stacks of info available on different activities golf tennis walks sailing jetskis heli flights

snorkling at the outer reef is good or glass bottom boats if u dont want to get wet

they have game fishin trips available too

box jelies are round at chrismass but they cant get u if u are in the pool!

i think the witsundays are 1 of the prettiest spots in oz u will enjoy them nomatter where u stay tent or 5 star

quote name='paint_stripper' date='Nov 3 2007, 10:29 AM' post='204163']

We are heading up to the whitsundays this Christmas - has anyone got any opinions on which is the best island to stay on and what to do? Will try and squeeze in some fishing, but im sure there is stuff like snorkling, coral tours etc etc. What about box jelly fish? Should be great. Thanks for your ideas in advance ;-)