Goodbye Hawkesbury Hello The Entrance

coastspinna

we were due to head to the hawksbury on friday afternoon for a jew assualt/camping trip for three days...

o well car overheated made it back, fixed the car, tried again car overheated shit....

ok we camp at my house and fish the entrance land based...

friday night spun for 3 hours in the rain i got two 45 cm flatties on squidgy shads, and the boys caught 2 more on prawn baits...

saturday night i got another 2 same size same lure and lost a nice 60 cm model twice in two casts on a prawn... the boys caught another 2 40 cm flattiesagain and 3 bream all just legal....watched boats come and hammer what was our secret spot last year and pull fish hand over fist

lie detector had flat batteries again ( sure sure i hear you say) so no pics

its nice to see the lake fishing well again and i reckon this summer will be even better than last years awesome season...the lake is cleaner than i have seen

Nice report as usual flathead fanatic and it should come back better than ever up there. Now that the entrance is more open should see a better variety and hopefully bigger fish.

cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

i've got a feeling that some real big flathead are gunna be in the system this year.....i've already seen more xos whiting on the flats this year than the whole of last season, and the weedbeds are thick as with shrimp and prawns.... bring on the social hey... picked up some poppers today so its off to the sandflats an hour before first light to fish all those spot that are too shallow for plastics..... last year when we had that cold water system off the coast in summer it was so cold in the lake that the flattys were right up in the weeds in about 10 cm of water... challenging !!

flounder are already in the system and that is a great sign about the health of an estuary... poddy mullet are available but are flighty, and are either a bit small or too big (cracker jew bait though hey>>)

best advice for raiders over summer is to put your boat in in the arvo when all the others are coming in and fish until about 10...either that or be there early and i mean early...like fishing by 4 am home by 9am....the lake sees a lot of hooks over summer and good bait is essential...

NB that being said every year the best 3 whiting i see get caught up here are caught on house brick sinkers and 20 pound mono lol

Guest Big-Banana

Yes,

Tuggerah Lake is getting fresh clean water in bucketloads. Let us hope it translates to more fish.

Cheers Bart :1fishing1:

That's all its needed, finally the Entrance is open! I haven't bothered for a few years but just might do a day trip towards the end of the Summer.