Back To Fresh

mark84

well its been a while since id fished freshwater end of last summer actually but decided to have a go took the :wife: with me and decided to have a go at some carp which was a first for me.

waiting for about an hour and a half till i decided too put my spin setup together for some lures. i decided to go for a spinnerbait which i hadnt done before and about 3 casts later thud zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz holy sh#! i had 2 lb fireline on 4lb mono leader and a 53cm bass on the end it just kept takin and takin went for a few runs as i was slowly gaining line got her on shore took a few quick snaps and gently let her go then zzzzzz :wife: rod goes off with a nice 48cm carp. had a great day and am looking forward to this summer. oh and next cast ping spinner goes flyin without the line the big girl must have just been hangin on when i pulled her in the leader snapped half way up so i can count myself lucky to have got her.

post-5144-1194163785_thumb.jpg

post-5144-1194163804_thumb.jpg

post-5144-1194163815_thumb.jpg

hi mark great work first time up :thumbup:

that looks the same spot i fished yesterday in the carp comp

must be all the bread and corn berley i left there that brought them in :074:

i did not get a bite :ranting2:

peter :1fishing1:

gday peter

i was wondering why there were so many carp feeding there before i got there :074:

i said last summer i was going to get a nice bass this season i didnt quiet expect it to happen this quikly :biggrin2:

Well Done Mark

We were there yesterday too!!! Helluva nice Bass mate!!! I like the mouth shot!!! :yahoo:

Are you a bit camera shy or is the GF just a bad shot with the old camera???

Oh and by the way that's the ugliest shaped carp I've ever seen!!!

Cheers and keep up the good work

PJ Garn

Edited by PJ Garn

cheers guys.

pj garn yeah im not one to jump in front of the camera but ill blame it on the gf.

esky it was like a train striping my line off the reel i had the drag set accordingly but i knew that fireline is much stronger than it is rated so i tightened the drag during the fight or i would have come clos to the bottom of the spool. the 4lb leader is what i was worried about..