Yalata Jewfish

Billythekid

post-5291-1194247580_thumb.jpg

Over the weekend I had my Mulloway fishing partner bring over some DVD footage of YALATA BEACH. South Australia.

This place is unbelievable, the Mulloway and Snapper off the beach was non comparable to anywhere else I have seen. And we have traveled just about everywhere.

I have made it a must do trip for next year. Has anybody ever been and if so whats the best time of the year and also whats the best camp site.

For any keen Mulloway beach angler. If you have not heard of this place google it, you will not regret it.

How can you beat this country.

BILLY THE KID

PS. STAY TUNED FOR YALATA 08

I have never been there but have spoken to a few mates that have & have been reading about it for a few years now.

I'm not sure about the times of year.

As for camp sites it depends on whats availaible when you get there & obtain your permits. I'd go for which ever one had the best gutter in front of it! :biggrin2:

I do know that catching livies can be a problem so take plenty of self caught frozen bait.

Night fishing is not worth the effort because of the sharks. Burlying a gutter is not advisable at any time for the same reason.

Otherwise the normal Jew times of before a full moon & after a new moon around the tide changes should work for you.

Good luck. I'm looking forward to your report! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

post-5291-1194247580_thumb.jpg

Over the weekend I had my Mulloway fishing partner bring over some DVD footage of YALATA BEACH. South Australia.

This place is unbelievable, the Mulloway and Snapper off the beach was non comparable to anywhere else I have seen. And we have traveled just about everywhere.

I have made it a must do trip for next year. Has anybody ever been and if so whats the best time of the year and also whats the best camp site.

For any keen Mulloway beach angler. If you have not heard of this place google it, you will not regret it.

How can you beat this country.

BILLY THE KID

PS. STAY TUNED FOR YALATA 08

sensational fish! :1yikes:

..cheers!..stevo!..

I have never been there but have spoken to a few mates that have & have been reading about it for a few years now.

I'm not sure about the times of year.

As for camp sites it depends on whats availaible when you get there & obtain your permits. I'd go for which ever one had the best gutter in front of it! :biggrin2:

I do know that catching livies can be a problem so take plenty of self caught frozen bait.

Night fishing is not worth the effort because of the sharks. Burlying a gutter is not advisable at any time for the same reason.

Otherwise the normal Jew times of before a full moon & after a new moon around the tide changes should work for you.

Good luck. I'm looking forward to your report! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks jewhunter I can not wait to go and I will let you know how it goes.

Not sure where is SA but Adventure Bound on TVS (channel 31) last Thursday Night and the Thursday before were in SA scoring big Sambo's, Jews and Snapper off the beach. I think they will show another episode on Thursday night 8.00pm of the same trip....