It Was Blowing And Howling.

marcel haber

post-3455-1194259945_thumb.jpgpost-3455-1194259659_thumb.jpgToday we headed out for a fish around Sydney Harbour.

Very limited fishing due to the strong winds and choppy seas, but we made the most of it being our picnic day and we had this trip planned for a few weeks.

Visited our usual spots for 20 squid which we bagged and froze for future outings.

Only managed to land one plate sized flounder in terrible conditions but we made the most out of our work picnic day.

A day on the water always beats a day at work.

Tight lines

Twin 1

Marcel

Good effort in the crappy conditions mate. Nice feed of Squid, & bacon and eggs? :thumbup:

I was under the impression that Squid shut down in periods of low pressure 1004 yesterday at one stage. Plus wind is also a factor and tends to put them off the bite :wacko:

You proved em all wrong well done Marcel.

Russ

Edited by damariboyz

Nice report and a pretty good squid result working the lures Marcel and Ray :thumbup: .

Squid are among the hardier customers and can be quite active during low pressure readings and ongoing southerly shut downs.

There were lots of squid taken a few weeks back by members at the Spit in similiar conditions but fishing in general produced next to nothing.

Regards

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

post-3455-1194259945_thumb.jpgpost-3455-1194259659_thumb.jpgToday we headed out for a fish around Sydney Harbour.

Very limited fishing due to the strong winds and choppy seas, but we made the most of it being our picnic day and we had this trip planned for a few weeks.

Visited our usual spots for 20 squid which we bagged and froze for future outings.

Only managed to land one plate sized flounder in terrible conditions but we made the most out of our work picnic day.

A day on the water always beats a day at work.

Tight lines

Twin 1

Marcel

IT WILL ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME NOW BRO! I CAN FEEL IT :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

WELL DONE MATE!!!! you"re a lot keener than me! i too was going out that day but changed my mind when i looked out the window.. as i recall it was high tide around 6am that day,what time of day was it when you caught the bulk of the squid????