Lane Cove River...

Gday guys

I've been a member here for ages and haven't posted many reports so I figured I should start putting in the effort. Just a short one to start off with...

Went down to Lane Cove river park last night on dusk for a quick SP session in the rain...

Fished the area around and downstream from the weir, spent an hour chucking SPs for one 40cm flatty-

dsc00818smallia7.jpg

I was pretty happy to get him considering how much fresh water was pumping through the weir...

The fish was caught using half a camo worm on a 1/16th owner jighead...

I'm heading down to another spot on the river now so let's hope I can meet this one's mumma!

Cheers

Tony :beersmile::1fishing1:

Nice fish Tony - must be a good sign for the rods :1prop:

yeh thats a nice lizard you got theres plenty down there sometimes they play and sometimes they don't

I get further up around sugarloaf point and flick the odd sp and even get the fly gear out

I was down there the other night in the rain wading around and scored a couple of little breams on fly

you can't beat the camos down the LCR nothing else comes near them

Nice fish Tony - must be a good sign for the rods :1prop:

Cheers Brendan. I caught this little guy on the Stella spin...first fish for one of the new rods! :thumbup:

yeh thats a nice lizard you got theres plenty down there sometimes they play and sometimes they don't

I get further up around sugarloaf point and flick the odd sp and even get the fly gear out

I was down there the other night in the rain wading around and scored a couple of little breams on fly

you can't beat the camos down the LCR nothing else comes near them

Cheers mate...

I went down to fig tree this evening and only managed one baby flatty of about 25cm on a p'seed minnow...

Dropped a couple of fish, one of which felt quite a bit bigger.... :(

I'm just starting to really spend time trying to work out the river and when different spots fire at certain stages of the tide etc...

There's certainly no shortage of lizards in the system, I'm just trying to figure out how to get the big ones!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Tony Soprano

Cheers Brendan. I caught this little guy on the Stella spin...first fish for one of the new rods! :thumbup:

Cheers mate...

I went down to fig tree this evening and only managed one baby flatty of about 25cm on a p'seed minnow...

Dropped a couple of fish, one of which felt quite a bit bigger.... :(

I'm just starting to really spend time trying to work out the river and when different spots fire at certain stages of the tide etc...

There's certainly no shortage of lizards in the system, I'm just trying to figure out how to get the big ones!

Cheers

Tony

I scored a screamer down there a few weeks back

not sure how long but it was 3 lengths of my snowbee wading boots

I thought it was a snag at first

people yakking past must have thought it was a shark with all the white wash it was shaking up

awesome

certainly is a top flattie haunt. I haven't caught a bream yet but have caught many lizards, mainly on the berkley worms.

I fish there alot and it runs very hot and very cold

I caught my PB bream there at 46 and the brother scored one at around the 44 the same day

it was last summer on an overcast day mid tide.

Yes Dear- 46cm is a stonker of a bream!

I bet that would have given you a good battle...

Are you guys fishing the bridge or the park round the corner off the rock wall?

Or are you wading the flats around the bridge?

I tried a couple of these spots yesterday and it's pretty snaggy in places but looks like good fishy water...

Cheers

Tony