Eye Sight Fading

damariboyz

We are getting older and the eyes arent as good as they used to be. I have found that when I have a bit of trouble focusing on my knots a black background helps so I place a black rag on my desk, it has a positive effect on being, better able, to focus.

Thought I would pass it on. Hope it helps :biggrin2:

Russ

Couldn't agree more (43) and I am strugling with the eye sight, or lack of.

I have got a little jem of a product in my tackle box, called hook-eze.

Got it at the markets for next to nothing.

Basically, what it is, is a plastic disc about the size of a twenty cent piece, that is hinged, allowing you to open it up. All you do is place the hook inside the disc, close it up leaving just a small part of the shank and the eye of the hook exposed, this also prevents hooking up your fingers whilst you thread tour line through the eye of the hook and spin the disc wrapping the tag end around the main line till you have tightened and dressed your knot. That done, open your disc and away you go.

I think if you google ''HOOK-EZE''

You may find more info on this.

I love it.

Buy a pair of cheap magnifying glasses at the bargain shop and leave in your tackle box, they are great for tying hooks. I also use the hook holder disc thingy that Hobbit has - especially useful for small hooks, it gives you something to hang on to and great to tighten the knot too!!

Diane