Botany Bay Today

Mrwooley

G'day,

Took my son and his two mates for a fish today. Launched early from Cooks River and had lines in the water soon after. Good to see the Fisheries people up early, saw them on the way in and out. Tried off the fuel jetty for a while and hooked heaps of small snapper, none of any size, but a lot of fun. Did many drifts in the deeper areas with no luck. Decided to give the beaches ago a long the foreshore. finally found where all the whitting and flathead were. We fished 20metres or less off the sand for the rest of the morning for about 20 - 30 whitting and about 20 flathead. One of our better days on the bay lately. Ended the day with about 15 good size keepers.

Barry.

Hi Mrwooley

Saw the boats close to the beach along the Brighton foreshore on Sunday morning and thought that they were swimmiing at the beach - should have gone for a closer look . As a matter of interest what were you using for bait? - Congratulations on getting 15 keepers :thumbup:

regards Bill

G'day Bill,

Peeled prawns & squid heads, that's all they wanted. Tried a varity of other baits with no takers. I did manage a couple of nice flatheads on my new baitcaster. A PB for me on a lure, as it was the first time I'd used one.

After finaly working out the brake setup on it, and getting used to "thumb stoping", I think I'm hooked on them.

Regards,

Barry.