Sydney Harbour Saturday

oldsalty

Hey all,

Headed out this morning to see what we could find. Things had cleaned up after all last weeks rain and the weather was beautiful. Heres how it went....................

got out just before sunrise and past many boats jigging for squid at the spit. We were also after squid but looked elsewhere for them. We were having trouble finding them and getting agitated when my mate said he was onto a donkey of a squid!

we were surprised when this guy came aboard,

post-5495-1195279349_thumb.jpg

"do they squirt ink?" someone said , "i dont think so", my mate picked it up and it sat there like a pile of sludge looking almost dead, we all peered at it for a while untill it contracted slighltly and let go of the biggest load of ink and slime i ever did see! all over my mate and all over the carpet. I put him in the well and he put his candles around the pump and everything overloaded and we blew a fuse and all power on board was gone,, now it was no more pumps and no more sounder, bloody cuttlefish.

we kept trekking and eventually found some squid,

post-5495-1195279377_thumb.jpg

stopped for breakfast then headed into middle harbour to find some kingys maybe. Lost alot of squid to tailor on the downrigger which was a bit annoying.

We eventually found some action,

post-5495-1195279427_thumb.jpg

At 73cm he wasnt a bad fish but again was the only king we found all day. He was a pb for my mate so he was pretty stoked.

called it quits on the kingys and went for a flatty spin as the tide dropped and managed one 40cm model on a gulp before heading in.

also went and retrieved the crab pots that we set in the morning. One had a blue swimmer and the other had one hanging onto the bait from the outside of the net that let go at the surface.

post-5495-1195279468_thumb.jpg

a mixed bag was the end result,

post-5495-1195279604_thumb.jpg

Also we threw some cuttlefish ink and guts in the water at the roseville cleaning tables, as a cloud of ink spread a massive school of bream were lurking under it eating the scraps, there were some huge ones amongst them.

nice day out all in all but is anyone having more luck with the kings at the moment?

appreciate ur replys

cheers oldsalty

nice day out all in all but is anyone having more luck with the kings at the moment?

appreciate ur replys

cheers oldsalty

took two king virgins out today

and got 3

2 were 72 cm and the other was 75

they were stoked and so was i as the pressure is on when

you take people out for them

all caught on live squid

cheers mate

took two king virgins out today

and got 3

2 were 72 cm and the other was 75

they were stoked and so was i as the pressure is on when

you take people out for them

all caught on live squid

cheers mate

Hey hook'm,

Nice work on the "guiding" , haha , i know the feeling. U get em in middle harbour? They seem to be a bit sporadic but they are of a decent size atm.

Hmmmm love those blue swimmers. Thats a awesome cuttlefish you got there mate! Should have ripped the head off and sent it down at blues point on a very heavy outfit and held on for dear life! :biggrin2: . Nice work oldsalty!!!!!!!

Hey oldsalty i know hook'm doesnt often login due to work committments and family! Poor bugga,,,,, but I was able to prize outa him yesterday over the phone he was sommmmewhere in main harbour :wacko: .

Dan

D&G

Hey hook'm,

Nice work on the "guiding" , haha , i know the feeling. U get em in middle harbour? They seem to be a bit sporadic but they are of a decent size atm.

LOL guiding more like the blind leading the blind :1prop:

yeah got sick of being in MH so headed out to the main harbour

the kings came through in a 20 minute brawl then dissapeared again

a guy in a boat next to us landed a nice 45 cm snapper which was nice to see!!

appreciate ur replys

Old Salty,

We haven't had any much luck with the Kings in MH either. (acutaly I have had no luck).

I think we spoke to you on Saturday morning at Sugarloaf when you were downirgging.

Choppers seem to be getting to the squid before the Kings lately.

I think we'll give MH a miss this weekend and try the main harbour.

Old Salty,

We haven't had any much luck with the Kings in MH either. (acutaly I have had no luck).

I think we spoke to you on Saturday morning at Sugarloaf when you were downirgging.

Choppers seem to be getting to the squid before the Kings lately.

I think we'll give MH a miss this weekend and try the main harbour.

yeah mate i remember, i had the same problems with the taylor, they mangled afew of my squid, when i brought one up about 5 hungry choppers followed it to the surface.