Hole In The Wall Sylvania Ramp Closed

Davemmm

The ramp at Hawksbury ave Sylvania has been closed although the sign says it will reopen in mid November (which is now)

The odd thing is that last time I was down there they had excavated what looked like the makings of a second ramp next to the existing one. Now that has been filled in and the whole lot fenced off.

Anyone know what the final outcome will be?

EDIT

Quick look on the council site found this

Temporary Closure of Boat Ramp at Hawkesbury Park, Sylvania Waters

The boat ramp at Hawkesbury Park in Sylvania Waters will be closed temporarily during the construction of a new dual-lane boat ramp and jetty with floating pontoon. The boat ramp will be closed from 15 October and is expected to be closed until 20 November 2007.

For the nearest boat ramps, please go to Holts Point Place, Sylvania Waters or Horse Rock Point, Sylvania.

Dave

Edited by davemmm

they a making the ramp double width (it should probably be triple) and adding a new pontoon on the opposite side to the old wharf. they also added some toilets.

there is still a bit of work to be done so i think it will open at early december

how did you find holts pt place ramp, i was down there yesterday too

I hope they get rid of the propellor obstacles close to the ramp. Boaters were coming in with their props almost out of the water just before the work started. I think there must be dumped cars or old fridges or something similiar down there.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

how did you find holts pt place ramp

Given that I have a small tinney most ramps are easy for me. I dont think I have used this ramp before but it was reasonably easy to get in and out, not a bad turning circle and not to far to walk to parking. The problem was more with the "social boaters" who all come out to play on a Sunday. They don't seem to have much common sense.

Jewgaffer there has been no sign of much work happening on the water side. I wasnt aware of any submerged problems but once again my boat runs in about 450mm of water.

Dave

my tinnie also is very easy to lanuch, i always use holts pt place as i pretty much have it to myself :biggrin2: but lately the bowrider club has been cramping my style. oh well when hole in the wall reopens i will have my peace and quiet.

you should have seen the social boater the other week that drove the trailer off the side of the ramp!!! :1yikes: and the one with the front wheels of the car getting wet, that ramp is not for driving on!!!