Does Anyone Know?

adjustedpete

Can anyone tell me is there a way to tell if a fish has roe or is there a time of year that we should just throw them back anyway, just in case. There arn't that many fish in pittwater and it would help with the guilty feeling when I gut them and find a stack of roe.

Can anyone tell me is there a way to tell if a fish has roe or is there a time of year that we should just throw them back anyway, just in case. There arn't that many fish in pittwater and it would help with the guilty feeling when I gut them and find a stack of roe.

What fish are you talking about??? If it's Flathead all large fish 60cm+ are female hence there is a good chance that they are full of roe and would be best to return to where she came!!!

[

Thanx for the replies guys, No problem for the flatties, I throw them all back. I just like to catch 'em. But the rest and I just wanted to know if there was any general rule of thumb for recognizing a pregnant fish. And dony worry if there is roe in them it aint wasted.... LOL And Dave try using bacon fat to fry it in