Harbour Trevally Session

choad

Just a quick report. Pics to follow tomorrow.

Finished work early and with the great news that the forecasted storm was going to hit tomorrow morning rather than this afternoon, there was no other choice but to hit the harbour for a quick session.

Put the boat in at Roseville and motored up to CG. It was quite windy and choppy from harbour traffic. After a quiet wait, we burlied hard and soon got on to some keeper sized trevally. As the light faded, the skies lit up with lightning and the wind stopped. The water became glassy, the air felt warm and you could almost feel the electricity of the approaching storms.

Meanwhile, the trevally started getting bigger and the bites more ferocious.... no more tap, tap, taps, just massive hits and runs.

Pulled anchor when the lightning became more frequent and the wind started coming from the south. My mate trolled a live yakka through the spit on the way home for zip (had a massive bust off last week using the same technique).

Total tally, 9 keeper trevally, several throw backs and a keeper red in 2 hours. Not bad for a couple of newbies to boating, I thought.

Edited by choad

Just a quick report. Pics to follow tomorrow.

Finished work early and with the great news that the forecasted storm was going to hit tomorrow morning rather than this afternoon, there was no other choice but to hit the harbour for a quick session.

Put the boat in at Roseville and motored up to CG. It was quite windy and choppy from harbour traffic. After a quiet wait, we burlied hard and soon got on to some keeper sized trevally. As the light faded, the skies lit up with lightning and the wind stopped. The water became glassy, the air felt warm and you could almost feel the electricity of the approaching storms.

Meanwhile, the trevally started getting bigger and the bites more ferocious.... no more tap, tap, taps, just massive hits and runs.

Pulled anchor when the lightning became more frequent and the wind started coming from the south. My mate trolled a live yakka through the spit on the way home for zip (had a massive bust off last week using the same technique).

Total tally, 9 keeper trevally, several throw backs and a keeper red in 2 hours. Not bad for a couple of newbies to boating, I thought.

Gday Choad,

Good catch!

Can I ask what bait you were using for the trevs?

ta,

spongy