Anyone Been Trouting Lately

Jamiel1000

Yes Dear, I am in the same boat, itchin to get out. The weather has been absolutely crap in the mountains lately, and I have just purchased a new loomis east fork rod, new bfr reel and a new gpx line and cant wait to get it wet. I may hit Wentworth falls lake tomorrow weather permitting after I vote , if I have any luck will make a report. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

I hit Lake Lyell last weekend but did it very very tough. Farmers Creek Arm was super dirty from run-off and I didn't see a fish there so moved over to the second rec area where I lost one decent Brown on a Berkley Frenzy but that was it.

There was a few fish rising to a White Moth hatch well out in the lake but they went down when the Speed Boats came out (and boy did they come out, tonnes of them including some real inconsiderate clowns).

Was a very hot day too, so I suspect that had a lot to do with the poor fishing.

I am hitting the Lakes again this Friday and Saturday, if anyone is around keep an eye for me and wander over for a chat. Should be at Lyell Friday arvo but not sure where Sat yet.

Cheers

Windy

I hit Lake Lyell last weekend but did it very very tough. Farmers Creek Arm was super dirty from run-off and I didn't see a fish there so moved over to the second rec area where I lost one decent Brown on a Berkley Frenzy but that was it.

There was a few fish rising to a White Moth hatch well out in the lake but they went down when the Speed Boats came out (and boy did they come out, tonnes of them including some real inconsiderate clowns).

Was a very hot day too, so I suspect that had a lot to do with the poor fishing.

I am hitting the Lakes again this Friday and Saturday, if anyone is around keep an eye for me and wander over for a chat. Should be at Lyell Friday arvo but not sure where Sat yet.

Cheers

Windy

yeh we had some knuckleheads wakeboarding in a 4 knot zone yesterday send bow waves smashing into the sand banks

tools