Blackfish In The Georges

Ross Hunter

When I haven't been out on the boats I have snuck down the Georges for a blackfish. Last week my crewman on Broadbill "Emu" Steve Fielding joined me along with my mentor The "Georges River Guru" Norm Jefferys.

We have caught up to 40 fish in a session, on some days keeping a dozen between us. Many were legal, but when they are on the bite you know that a bigger fish every now and then will come, so the smaller ones go back.

We fished in beautiful weather, just revelling in the moment of total enjoyment.

I did not take my camera on a couple of the days,but remembered on the last day.

Ah! the serenity of it all

Roscoe

post-2782-1196041764_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1196041799_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1196041833_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1196042011_thumb.jpg

Hi Roscoe

Well done - what a tremendous week of fishing! Beautiful conditioned fish, too!

Great to hit the water with your mates, eh? The water has finally cleared up here after all the rain & is looking gorgeous - will take the yak out tomorrow & fish the washboards again. Some really big blackies hide under the fences.

Full moon, big tides = big fish!!!! :1prop:

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

i love how the geogres has plenty of blackfish all year round. Ross did u eat those fish? i thought the geogres was really really toxic?

Jeez dazza,

Iv'e been eating black fish from the river for along time now and it has not effected me. Hasn't every one got six fingers?

I used to do sampling for the State polution Control and the river is very clean these days I am pleased to report.

Ross

NO WORRIES LADS,

Have seen a lot worse than the Georges. At least it gets a good flush and it is improving all the time. An enjoyable day again by the look of it. Good on you Ross.

Cheers BART :1fishing1:

Edited by bart

Jeez dazza,

Iv'e been eating black fish from the river for along time now and it has not effected me. Hasn't every one got six fingers?

I used to do sampling for the State polution Control and the river is very clean these days I am pleased to report.

Ross

That's excellent news to report Ross :D I know it looks better than it did a long time ago, but it does look a little worrying sometimes with the currents. Think I'll be making the georges a part time home these holidays till the end of February :D