Tea Gardens/ Hawkes Nest

Trouble

Headed up towards tea gardens on nice hot day when the air con friggin stoped working..everyone was sqerming and bitching while ill was itching real bad to wet a line..

On arrival i had a flick off the jetty where the weed was rediculous but i foul hooked a mullet on a sp which was later on kept for the prime target of the trip JEWIES :1clap: ...

In the arvo we tried our luck with some worming which was quite successfull with dad pulling out 8 worms to my 0..they where all small though with the biggest going 30cm :thumbdown:

Tried our luck at night for a jew with a slab of mullet and big ball of worms for no result...

this is what we did every night and arvo for the next few days except with a few trips over tp jimmy's beach where we got four bream to 34cm and a feed of whiting.. :thumbup:

Tried sp's and hardbodied lures for probably 3km stretch on jimmy's for NOTHING not even a bloody flathead..

It wasnt the most succesfull trip but still good get some solid fishing hours in..the high light of the trip was of the fella next to us on the beach fishing with PILCHARDS landing a estimated 8kg jewie..i had the mega $hits as we had prime bait so we thought.. :ranting2: but happy for him :-rolleyes

Had a mate on the other side of the bay around fingal trying his chance off the rocks for kings and snapper..he ended up with 4 snapper 50cm and heaps of port jackson sharks.. :thumbup:

sorry no pics as i was too lazy to pack the camera each trip :thumbdown: