Fridge Not Holding Temp

achjimmy

Hi Raiders

Our 12 yro fridge is not holding temp, on investigation the seal on top of door is leaking, was going to call door reseal guy but the freezer is also not keeping things frozen but door seals well there.

always thought the compressor fed the cold air into the freezer and it fell down into the fridge? If this the case it tells me it is more than door seals? Anybody else know fridges, not looking at fixing myself just if it is more than seals i will flik it for new one.

Hi Raiders

Our 12 yro fridge is not holding temp, on investigation the seal on top of door is leaking, was going to call door reseal guy but the freezer is also not keeping things frozen but door seals well there.

always thought the compressor fed the cold air into the freezer and it fell down into the fridge? If this the case it tells me it is more than door seals? Anybody else know fridges, not looking at fixing myself just if it is more than seals i will flik it for new one.

Jimmy

Even if the seals were stuffed you would still get cooling and freezing...the pump would just run all the time.

If you unplug it and plug it back in you should hear the pump start and you would hear 'pressure' sounds. If it does'nt come on it can be a $100 relay or a $600 pump. If it does come on but cuts out soon it could be a stuffed thermostat.

Watch out for the free quotes mob if you get someone out...most will tell you the pump is stuffed straight away.

If you've got the $$$ get a newie..they are way more efficient these days.

Cheers

Chris

12 years is a pretty good life span,if you gotta spend a couple hundred to fix it ,just chuck it & get a newie.

They are pretty good value these days as there are heaps of brands to choose from.

Thanks Guys meant to post this in the "bar" not here :wacko: Must be the pressure the :wife: is putting me under to get this fixed. MODS can you please move this to the "bar"

I have had this experience a couple of times and after talking to a mate who is in this line

He informed me that the freezer gets cold first then funnels it down to the fridge section NOW (which has happened to me three times) this funnel ices up and then your fridge will not be cold if you can turn the fridge off long enough to let this thaw out it may solve your problem

My fridge is older than 12 years and this has also happened to the fridge at work same problem, same fix and all are doing fine

Hope this helps

Kingy

I have had this experience a couple of times and after talking to a mate who is in this line

He informed me that the freezer gets cold first then funnels it down to the fridge section NOW (which has happened to me three times) this funnel ices up and then your fridge will not be cold if you can turn the fridge off long enough to let this thaw out it may solve your problem

My fridge is older than 12 years and this has also happened to the fridge at work same problem, same fix and all are doing fine

Hope this helps

Kingy

Thanks guys

Fridge is now barely a cooler cupboard, I think it is gas/comp related. If you turn thermo down to 2 or 3 fridge is happy but once you turn it up it goes so hard trying to lower temp it cant keep up! I have ordered a new "wrong side up" fridge although i didnt get the ice maker model. It was the wrong colour for the :wife: and i figured it would only encourage my addition to dramies and ice!.. Which doesnt need any more help.

Edited by achjimmy