Anchor Retreiver

tricky

Hi does anyone use an anchor retreiver if so do they work also how do they work. Regards tricky.

G'day tricky

Try this link and click on the boat for a short movie.......... GC Fishing

I'm pretty sure Fishraider member "Heath" still has something to do with the GC Fishing website.

He may help you more but I think the link will help you out with info. :thumbup:

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

G'day tricky

Try this link and click on the boat for a short movie.......... GC Fishing

I'm pretty sure Fishraider member "Heath" still has something to do with the GC Fishing website.

He may help you more but I think the link will help you out with info. :thumbup:

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

Thanks for that hooky. tricky.

does this trick work with a heavier sand anchor and does it help at all with a stuck anchor

Good questions caine was wondering that myself also do they work in shallower water like the harbour or the bay and what size/type of boats are they usefull for i have a 5.05m cruisecraft halfcabin someone may be able to help us. Tricky.

Edited by tricky

Can be used with all types of anchors.

Biggest factor is the actual size of your buoy that you use and the size of the ring.

The buoy must be heavy enough to hold your anchor and chain.

The ring must be big enough to slide over our shackles at least.

I don't like using the clips. Good in theory but in practice they are a pain in the butt.

Can be used with all types of anchors.

Biggest factor is the actual size of your buoy that you use and the size of the ring.

The buoy must be heavy enough to hold your anchor and chain.

The ring must be big enough to slide over our shackles at least.

I don't like using the clips. Good in theory but in practice they are a pain in the butt.

Hi.

5.25 Stacer. Anchors to suit. 15in Ball. 4 in ring. Never failed to lift anchor yet. Just drive back over anchor if it does stick. That should fix it.

We often straighten H/Duty tines on mine. So it's quite efficient. and at my age. Saves a hell of a lot of hauling. Specially in a hundred feet and more..

Also have H/Duty clip on end of anchor rope, fastened to bow in anchor well. 1 x50 mtr rope. 1 x 100mtr rope,

Can shackle together quickly if extra length needed. and only takes two tic's. to clip onto Bright orange float with boat name and Ph No burnt on it. If I have to drop and chase.

I also welded Boat rego no. onto the shanks of all my anchors. With Stainless rods. Takes a lot of grinding off. and nobody can take it and say it's theirs.(How many carry a grinder and genny in boat hey).

Get one. You'll never regret.

Macka17

Never ever be tempted to tie off the anchor rope to a rear cleat as if the anchor or chain gets stuck in rock you will sink by the transon and if you see the rope going taught ease off before it turns your boat. You have to watch at all times. Quite a few accidents happen with these if not used properly and from the bow only. I have seen a couple of Buoys also with a small drogue attached so they pull anchor up faster without the biggest buoy but not used one. Buoy must be big enough to support weight of chain and anchor on surface.

Edited by pelican