Humminbird 737x - Questions About This Fishfinder

fusionator

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forums so please go easy on me.

I have a few questions about this fishfinder if anyone owns one or knows about this product.

- With the FishID feature does it tell you what kind of fish is being detected (eg bream or flathead or jewfish etc)

- If you already own one is it easy to use and setup?

- Is there a main difference between the 717x and this 737x version.

Just hoping if someone can assist me with these questions.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forums so please go easy on me.

I have a few questions about this fishfinder if anyone owns one or knows about this product.

- With the FishID feature does it tell you what kind of fish is being detected (eg bream or flathead or jewfish etc)

- If you already own one is it easy to use and setup?

- Is there a main difference between the 717x and this 737x version.

Just hoping if someone can assist me with these questions.

Thanks.

Fishnoob

Answers in order.....

No. Fish ID simply gives you a fish icon based upon whether the sounder thinks its a fish. When you get a sounder its the first thing to turn off. You need to decide if its a fish..not the sounder.

Don't own one (had Humminbird before) but most sounders are fairly easy to get to grips with. Any reason you want a Humminbird in particular?

Not sure...perhaps screen size or display quality. Check out humminbird.com for details.

Best thing you con do.......go to Km...t and buy a book or DVD called Depth Sounder Secrets by Rick Huckstepp. ...will help you no end.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chrisg

G"day,

I have just installed a 717.

After a couple of trips i agree with another comment and most of the time i would turn Fish ID off.

Mine shows three different icons small, medium and large and you can also turn the sensitivity up.

Problems is that the screen gets busy and it will detect too much that isnt fish but will display icons.

I would rather turn it off and concentrate on structure. I prefer the fish arc sonar reading.

If you do leave it on fish ID i recommend not having it too sensitive. I set mine at 5 (default i think) or six at times.

Mind you i am new to a sounder but so far the Hummingbird is easy to use. I like it because it has a big screen and in an open tinnie i can easily see and read the screen.

The other comment about the DVD is excellent advice and all i can add to that is read your instruction book a couple of times until you understand all your features.

Mate if i can help PM me.