Boat Revamp

Coast_Bloke

Hey Guys,

Been awhile since I have been around. Family has taken me away from fishing etc, but now I am back, and I am going to modify my boat. (Quintrex Fishrunner 4.5mtr Centre Console - the old tinny kind)

I was hoping to get some advice from you seasoned boat owners/modifiers. I have so far ripped all the carpet, flooring and old timbers out of the hull.

I am now planning on raising the floor in the bow and the stern, leaving a low deck just behind the centre console and just in front of the captains chair.

This will allow for underfloor storage, underfloor fuel tanks, under floor batteries, underfloor eskie and live bait tank. Plus I want to add expanding foam in plastic bags here and there for flotation and also to create the underfloor esky (self built).

Ok questions are:

Will raising the floor effect the boats stability etc?

Will the expanding foam (hardware store kind) be ok for this use?

Will treated pine be ok for the sub frame?

Will C,D Ply 12mm painted with marine paint be ok for the floor?

Should I get ribbed marine carpet or the flat stuff? (is this just aesthetics?)

I am moving the single fuel tank, to the centre of the boat, and adding another side by side, will this effect stability?

How do you waterproof the lids of floor hatches? and should I put bunged holes in the bottom of these hatches in case water gets in?

I know its a lot of questions, but I wanna do it right first time.

I will add more pictures tomorrow, but this gives you an idea of the boat I am talking about, just not the floor layout.

Thanks in advance.

post-574-1196726313_thumb.jpg

Coasty.

Ok questions are:

Will raising the floor effect the boats stability etc? depending on how high you come up in height

the more height will effect it in my opinion

Will the expanding foam (hardware store kind) be ok for this use?

Will treated pine be ok for the sub frame? I don,t think any timber would be good for the subframe

as this is prone to get wet often

Will C,D Ply 12mm painted with marine paint be ok for the floor? YES Should be fine

Should I get ribbed marine carpet or the flat stuff? (is this just aesthetics?) Which one do you prefer

I am moving the single fuel tank, to the centre of the boat, and adding another side by side, will this effect stability?It shouldn,t it might help get things back into the centre of the boat and not as much weight on the transom

How do you waterproof the lids of floor hatches? and should I put bunged holes in the bottom of these hatches in case water gets in? Waterproof it also

I know its a lot of questions, but I wanna do it right first time.

I will add more pictures tomorrow, but this gives you an idea of the boat I am talking about, just not the floor layout.

Thanks in advance.

Bloke

the more and more weight you add to your boat will make it harder to get up onto the plane.

Try and limit the amount of stuff and extra things you are putting in.

i have lost 2km/h top speed when done all mine but that won,t be a issue as the motor might get a upgrade.

hope this info helps