Jervis Bay Sat 15th

achjimmy

Fished JB on Saturday, Had a quick trip around from Callala bay to long beach and across to Murray’s Beach, fished for about 20 mins but it was getting rough, heading off to Creswell then back across to Callala bay through the centre in which we could only travel at about 20-25 k’s due to conditions. Headed back over to long beach for a couple of Rays, one at approx 1m on 6 lb line, which taught my eldest all about patience and drag, cut him off at the end. Wife hooked some nice size trumpeter, reef or weed whiting to about 35cm (are they edible?).

Then headed over to red rock for a drift with some squid jigs as suggested by some fellow raiders (thanks all), and came up trumps with 6. Our first ever squid and all were ecstatic; a big squid provided us with heaps of entertainment when it got me square in the face.

Thanks to all who have provided posts or info on squiding JB.

post-4477-1197888595_thumb.jpg

post-4477-1197888614_thumb.jpg

post-4477-1197888631_thumb.jpg

Nice work jim..... and well done on getting the war paint on!!!! I garuantee it wont be the last time you look like :ph34r:!!!! :074::074::074:

Just look at my avatar !!! i look like it on a regular basis!!!!!

Edited by fishlexic

Nice work jim..... and well done on getting the war paint on!!!! I garuantee it wont be the last time you look like :ph34r:!!!! :074::074::074:

Just look at my avatar !!! i look like it on a regular basis!!!!!

Ha ha I was questioning whether it was worth it until i tasted crumbed calamari 2 hours old, i will be going back for more after xmas.

Well done!!!!

Great to see a report from J.B, first squid ay?

Bet at the hookup you thought you were snagged and cursed until it PULLED,

when you Gee'ed right up and lost your breath as you realised you were on, heart

in your mouth as you got colour...... exstatic as you raised it into the boat when

it SPAT IT'S LOAD ALL OVER YOUR FACE!!!!!

All lessons are best learnt from experience and I'd say that one won't be forgotten in a hurry.

Next time you get a few, why not try livebaiting one? there are PLENTY of GOOD fish that would love

a callamari snack. Whether you float, downrig or suspend it just off the bottom, At J.B you've

got a top shot at a few PB's!

Good luck!

Might see you out there sometime ( if i'm lucky) over the break.

Catch Ya

Bigfoot

Edited by Bigfoot

Thanks all, attached below for your amusment. Might even make it my avatar?

Anthony i was admiring your boat at Murrays and thought it looked familar (from boat ramp post) but never put two & two together until i just read your radio call sign post and saw your boat name "Domenica", lovely rig. I was amazed how few were out that day.

My inlaws & BIL live at Callala Beach so i hope to be fishing a lot more in JB next year. See you around.

post-4477-1198059742_thumb.jpg

Hi Jim,

We are based at Callala Beach too, so be sure to yell out if you see us. I will be there right through to 2nd week of january before I have to go back to miserable work.

Guys,

I'll be at JB from boxing day onwards for two weeks.

I have a 4.6m quintex just like yours

I'll like to team up with some one to go outside the heads, if interested send PM

Mike

Hi all

I am going to be up at Laurieton over xmas, wont be going back to JB till after Jan. Will definetly holler the next time i see you Anthony

Not sure I am up to taking ours outside, that bay sure makes boats feel real small!

Good luck have a safe xmas all.