Maiden Voyage

rooster

Hit lake lyell about midday in the tinny I bought off Thunder a couple of weeks ago. picked up an 800gm Rainbow towing small black and red tassie devils. He put on a great performance once he spotted the boat.

I only had 45 minutes of water time to test the boat and setup. Trolled the edges and drop offs where I usually score for no hits and was mucking around with the engine and felt how warm the water was. So zig zagged and sounded for structure over the old drowned township in deeper cooler water when he hit.

He's roasting nicely now in a coating of butter and toasted almonds and is going to be served with a hollandaise sauce.

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb question here from a dumb fisho but I read a lot about Lake Lyell and not being a freshwater type of bloke where is it?

Dave

Just outside Lithgow my good man on the sydney side just before you enter the main drag :biggrin2:

And by the way thats not a dumb question and I know for a fact your are quite proficient at fishing as well :thumbup:

Follow this link to the ramp.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=22232

Cheers Stewy

I spend a bit of my working life out in that direction but dont have the opportunity to take the tinney.

Is this a place you can actively fish from the shore?

Yes it is Dave

Dave, on the west bank over the wall past the camping park turn right into either bay try the points for lure flicking, I used to cast an arc of five casts, however I found it effective to fire some deep as well.

Just before the wall turn right into a dead end road, there is a little bay with no trees great for the fly.

Just over the hill coming in from lithgow turn right into (____ mitchell drive ??) Follow to end (dirt) to the left there are some deep walls great for bait fishing or spinnerbaits

Colours orange red pink black brown

Its only five minutes from the GWhighway turnoff at the first garage (the italian makes a great $3.00 Hamburger ) coming into lithgow. Easy reconaissance mission.

And the absolute most important ingredient to fishing lake lyell......

Don't forget the aerogard.