Botany 21/12

Little Hooker

hey raiders,

This is my 2nd post on this site but 1st post in this section, so here is goes

Headed out to the bay in the avro to find some kingies. After gettin some yakka's we went over to the oil wharf to cast our lives baits.

First cast we landed this huge flatty 80cm 3.8kg, after that jus waitin around for some action to happen so i was chucking some slugs around and hooked up 4 slimmies about 30cms pretty chucking ones, one busted me at the boat. heaps of fun on 2-4kg out fit. :biggrin2: . kept them all for bait.

By 7pm the wind was picking up big time so decieded to head back in for some shelter at the 3rd runway. Anchored down to use our baits. had action pretty much straight away with this massive string ray, this thing was HUGE and ran like a truck . After 10mins of fighting finally got him to the top had a peek at him and cut the line. The next hook up i had i thought it was a another ray but when i had it to the surface it was my FIRST keepable jewie 86cm 5.5kg. very very happy with this catch. Few moments later i hoooked up again with another decent flattie 68cm 2kg. Things were heating up at this point i get another bite and it was another jewie but i got busted at the surface.....smaller then the first one i caught i thinks

My other mate that i was fishing with had a 2 little runs with the live yakka but what ever it was, spat it back out.

All in all had a great day/nights of fishing

pictures coming soon.

post-6068-1198308156_thumb.jpg

post-6068-1198308208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Little Hooker

man you gotta be happy with that! thats a top session

did u get all the big fish on live yaks?

what type of rig do you use when using live yakkas, and do u weigh them down so they stay on the bottem or in mid wateR?

thanks, and once again well done!

thanks guys,

Caught the big flatty on live yakka at ther oil wharf , the rest was caught on slimmies (butterflied) around ther 3rd runway.

All was weight down with pretty big sinkers due to the wind that night.

I only started using a sliding snell rig, i would hook one under the dorsal fin (3 to 5mm from the top )and the other hook would be near his tail.

Slimmies seem to be the favorite food that night , i be surely tryin to catch more of these babies as i ran out really fast that night..

Anyone know hots spots for these fish??