Inox

RPL

Should i be applying this to the guides?

I was my rod and reel after every trip but was wondering if it would have any effect on the rod/ line?

Hey mate if you have normal guides then i wouldnt apply any to them and i would always try to keep it off the line as much as possible! If you are talking about the roller tips or roller guides then yeah but once again try to keep it off the line. It might not harm the line but there is a fair chance that there would be at least one chemical in there that would do a little damage so its best not to get any on there just in case.

If you want to keep your guides clean (non roller type) just give your rod and reel a wash with some soapy water and a sponge after each session, then LIGHTLY spray off the excess. And dont forget to tighten your drag before getting any water on your reel then back it off after the reel has dried out for storage!

Hey mate if you have normal guides then i wouldnt apply any to them and i would always try to keep it off the line as much as possible! If you are talking about the roller tips or roller guides then yeah but once again try to keep it off the line. It might not harm the line but there is a fair chance that there would be at least one chemical in there that would do a little damage so its best not to get any on there just in case.

If you want to keep your guides clean (non roller type) just give your rod and reel a wash with some soapy water and a sponge after each session, then LIGHTLY spray off the excess. And dont forget to tighten your drag before getting any water on your reel then back it off after the reel has dried out for storage!

Thanks mate i do that, its just i fish 3-4 times a week and with that load i would have thought that i would need some extra care.