Quick Session On The Flats. Sp's

RPL

okay session RPL

you done okay nice flattie

where abouts ddid you fish

Hi mate, thanks yea its always nice to get into the fish even though the weather wasn't too pleasant especially when casting light jig heads into the wind.

I fish the Port Hacking, the reason why i fish so much is that i do go land based, the spots i have been fishing wouldn't be the best in the system im sure there are spots in the river where fish are aplenty but i fish where i can, just look for the usual hunting grounds for flatties, drop offs, weedbeds and other spots that hold bait.

Hi Buddy, Ok to let me know the good spot for fishing around your local area?

I'm from eastern suburb, would like to try port hacking (land based) during x'mas, would be great to have some advice...

many thanks

Ok, fish on the quiet days (Weekdays)

If your fishing Lb and you want to get into some flatties fish the run out tides over the drop offs, Miainbar and Lilli pilli are good points to start.

If you are fishing Maianbar its always good to walk up and down the channel trying to entice a flattie to jump on the hook if using lures, if your using bait Maianbar is the Ports most plentiful source for nippers, fish them unweighted if you can in the last 2 hours of each side of the tide, you will pick up bream, whiting and flathead.

thanks tons Champ!

I don't use SPs at the moment (actually don't know how to do it, only do bait fishing, without much luck anyway...)

it's amazing that you have caught different types of fish on SPs, esp Whiting...I love it (always purchase it from local fish shops), wish I could feed on my own catch some day!

do you reckon there is any chance I could catch anything around Port Hacking with prawn/pilchards... any suggestions?

happy to take on any big fish... hopefully something I've never caught like - whiting, snapper, sambo, King, banito, etc.

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

thanks tons Champ!

I don't use SPs at the moment (actually don't know how to do it, only do bait fishing, without much luck anyway...)

it's amazing that you have caught different types of fish on SPs, esp Whiting...I love it (always purchase it from local fish shops), wish I could feed on my own catch some day!

do you reckon there is any chance I could catch anything around Port Hacking with prawn/pilchards... any suggestions?

happy to take on any big fish... hopefully something I've never caught like - whiting, snapper, sambo, King, banito, etc.

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

You don't need SP's to catch fish in the river, however i would suggest pump Yabbies from maianbar or Grays point they are the better bait to use. Also try and use Yellow tail instead of pilchards, they can be caught at any boat ramp with a small bit of squid or prawn, use them alive they work really well on Kings and Jews, here are some other fish i have caught in the river this year on bait such as Yabbies, Squid and Yellowtail

l_28a42dd99e09a71eeb9b14725bcee9a1.jpg

l_365e3483bba7f6472aa8b14fff644e7c.jpg

l_d5979c90aeb37789ae23d8916747ddca.jpg

All in a years fishing!