What Knot Are You Guys Using

Mugen

Hey guys

Just wondering what knots everyones using ( 40-60LB Leader to hook) wil be downrigging for Kings...

I've been using the sliding Snell with a common Snell on the main leader...Hav'nt had a problem with this knot ...Just curious as to what other people are using..

Cheers Raiders

regards Chris

The sliding snell seems popular amongst some raiders. I haven't even attempted to tie one and don't plan to as i'm not a fan of the concept. Does the top hook slide down onto the bottom hook under load?

A standard snelled twin hook rig does me fine.

Cheers

Red

Sparky snell. too easy. The knot at the double hook i found on a popular fisho mag website. Its a blood/uni hybrid they call a 'cubing knot' for 80-100lb mono, & it's just so easy to tie in heavy mono. This rig works well with live fish, haven't ried with calamari yet.

Cheers!!post-6106-1198481095_thumb.jpg

PS the bead is essential to minimize the risk of the stinger popping off under pressure, as CaineS has rightly pointed out. Also note the loop with protective tube. I haven't lost a fish yet, but i'm sure it's only a matter of time

Edited by Jigholio

The sliding snell seems popular amongst some raiders. I haven't even attempted to tie one and don't plan to as i'm not a fan of the concept. Does the top hook slide down onto the bottom hook under load?

A standard snelled twin hook rig does me fine.

Cheers

Red

yes it does and can pop ya bottom hook off.

so i use a fixed snell at the top and bottom hook i use a palomar

• 2 weeks later...

i've been using sliding snell on a boat where i just drop the bait. but i tried using it landbased as well but the top hook keeps sliding down when i cast my whole squid. how do i stop it from sliding?

Yeah probably not the best knot for casting ,Try using a fixed Snell

regards Chris

Hey guys

Just wondering what knots everyones using ( 40-60LB Leader to hook) wil be downrigging for Kings...

I've been using the sliding Snell with a common Snell on the main leader...Hav'nt had a problem with this knot ...Just curious as to what other people are using..

Cheers Raiders

regards Chris

I recently started using a double hook rig with a sliding snell top hook. The top that goes through the tip of arrow and the main hook is strategically hidden in the tenticles. But I also crimp on a 3rd keeper hook in front of the main hook to keep it place. The other day I had one fish take the snelled hook and it was pulled down to the crimped keeper hook but without popping it all off. The other three fish found the main hook.

Here's a diagram.

Snelled_Keeper_Hook_Live_Squid_Rig.doc

However, this is for live bait at achor or on the drift. I reckon it would spin downrigging.