Memories Of 2007

The most memorable day of 2007 for me was when Donna hooked her first Marlin aboard Broadbill.

Donna didnt panic on a very large fish as it turned out and had never had a harness or game rod in her hands before.

The exhileration I felt through her body as she played a magnificent fish will last in my memories for ever.

To have the person you love most in the entire world enjoying something you are so passionate about has got to be the one of the best things a man can ask for in his life.

Regards Stewy

2007, what a great year!! For me my most memorable moment fishing wise was going out with fellow raider FishingRod and getting on to my first ever kingy, i was absolutley stoked to say the least!! Other than that I would have to say winning the premiership with my footy team, the memories will last forever!

2007, what a great year!! For me my most memorable moment fishing wise was going out with fellow raider FishingRod and getting on to my first ever kingy, i was absolutley stoked to say the least!! Other than that I would have to say winning the premiership with my footy team, the memories will last forever!

Guess what dicko, I had the exact same thing in 07,

I caught my first kingy and won a GF with my footy team.

:1prop:

My most memorable day in 2007 was when I was fishing at Narra Lake landbased and a family

was having a picnic behind me.

In their family, they had a severely disabled son about 8 years old and in a walking frame.

This child made his way slowly to where I was fishing and asked all sorts of questions about fishing, which I was more than happy to answer.

The bite was hot that day with flatties, bream, a few small tailor and his eyes lit up each time I landed a fish and released it, so the next one I hooked was going to be his.

After hooking the next fish, I gave him my rod and showed him how to hold and wind...with great difficulty...anyhow...he finally did it and landed a small flounder...his first ever fish (and first ever attempt at fishing).

His excitement was something to behold and his family rushed down to see what his giggles and screams were all about.

They all hugged him and the smile on his dial was wonderful.

That made my day, more so then any fish could bring to me.

I just hope he remembers that day and pestered his parents to let him try again on his next outing.

Funny how the little things can give so much pleasure.

Cheers,

Pete.

My most memorable day in 2007 was when I was fishing at Narra Lake landbased and a family

was having a picnic behind me.

In their family, they had a severely disabled son about 8 years old and in a walking frame.

This child made his way slowly to where I was fishing and asked all sorts of questions about fishing, which I was more than happy to answer.

The bite was hot that day with flatties, bream, a few small tailor and his eyes lit up each time I landed a fish and released it, so the next one I hooked was going to be his.

After hooking the next fish, I gave him my rod and showed him how to hold and wind...with great difficulty...anyhow...he finally did it and landed a small flounder...his first ever fish (and first ever attempt at fishing).

His excitement was something to behold and his family rushed down to see what his giggles and screams were all about.

They all hugged him and the smile on his dial was wonderful.

That made my day, more so then any fish could bring to me.

I just hope he remembers that day and pestered his parents to let him try again on his next outing.

Funny how the little things can give so much pleasure.

Cheers,

Pete.

Thats a brillant post, I absoluelty love hearing stories like that.

Awesome.

April 1st:

get up at 5 and on the water a 6 with my two best mates.

fresh squid out and first fish is a king of 63cm. second fish is mine and my biggest fish to date a 9.5 kilo king. 3rd fish (not mine) is a 12 kg king and 4th fish is 65cm.

great day out and one ill always remember.

cheers Mcfusher