Flatties And Snapper In A Metre Or So

Bawley

post-6358-1199017470_thumb.jpgSOME NICE PICS I TOOK A WHILE BACK DOWN AT A SECRET SPOT. DOWN BAWLEY POINT WAY..

IVE JUST JOINED THE FISHRAIDER SITE AND REGULARLY VENTURE OUT FOR MY OBLIGATORY FEED OF LIZARDS AND SNAPPER...... AND KINGS WITH THE DOWNRIGGER

ME AND MY BROTHER HAVE STUMBLED ACROSS A GOOD SPOT IN 65 METRES WHICH APPEARS TO BE A MIXTURE OF SAND AND REEF. WEVE BEEN SCORING SOME NICE SNAPPER AND HEAPS OF MOWIES ( THEY TASTE FOUL ). WHEN WE LAST FISHED THE SPOT IT WAS FIRING AND AFTER AN HOUR AND A BIT THE FISH JUST WENT OF THE BITE STRAIGHT AWAY. SO I CHECKED THE TIDES AND IT WAS ABOUT 1 HOUR AND A BIT AFTER THE HIGH TIDE.

DOES THE TIDE EFFECT OUTSIDE FISHING.. I WAS TAUGHT THE CHANGE OF TIDE WAS A GOOD TIME TO FISH AND AN HOUR BEFORE AND AFTER THE HIGH TIDE IS A GOOD TIME TOO.

CHEERS DRUMMO

TJF

are those photos from a fish pond?

Mate I came across the photos I took over 10 years ago and scanned them onto the computer. Its a tributary riverlet that runs off the clyde river down south. A handful of locals including me know about it and we dont catch them.. we feed em for the kids to watch.... if you look closely youll see the bread in the water. Pristine and its a spot that is accessible by 4wd only.. then a fair walk for 30 mins....