Hawkesbury Nye

SUFFO

Went straight to my favourite spot for flathead head but there would be little of that as today was a day for catching a new species for me,JEWFISH.Not one,two,three but 4 and unfortunitally all around 40-42cm so they all went back.The spot was firing on all cylinders.Catching Bream,Snapper,Jewfish,Tailor and a late Flattie.We ran out of prawns and turned to the squid hooking up 5 Blue swimmeres on the rods but only landing 3.Did not move from the spot in 4 hours as the bites were constant.

Awsome day out and good to see the Hawkesbury on fire.

post-3018-1199070880_thumb.jpg

Edited by SUFFO

Went straight to my favourite spot for flathead head but there would be little of that as today was a day for catching a new species for me,JEWFISH.Not one,two,three but 4 and unfortunitally all around 40-42cm so they all went back.The spot was firing on all cylinders.Catching Bream,Snapper,Jewfish,Tailor and a late Flattie.We ran out of prawns and turned to the squid hooking up 5 Blue swimmeres on the rods but only landing 3.Did not move from the spot in 4 hours as the bites were constant.

Awsome day out and good to see the Hawkesbury on fire.

great news mate. I used to fish a spot regularly called wondabyne.. its up mullet creek way. I fished there when I was a kid over 30 years ago. Anyways, nostalga getting the better part of me, me and a mate went up that way a month ago.. did an overnighter there and I landed the biggest bream ive ever seen. no photo sorry. I scored heaps of school jew, one nice flathead and something that looked like a swordfish or shark type fish. Theres a pontoon there and we fished off that. Might be worth a look in a boat.. ive heard it is a good spot for jewies from sopme of the older locals there.

great news mate. I used to fish a spot regularly called wondabyne.. its up mullet creek way. I fished there when I was a kid over 30 years ago. Anyways, nostalga getting the better part of me, me and a mate went up that way a month ago.. did an overnighter there and I landed the biggest bream ive ever seen. no photo sorry. I scored heaps of school jew, one nice flathead and something that looked like a swordfish or shark type fish. Theres a pontoon there and we fished off that. Might be worth a look in a boat.. ive heard it is a good spot for jewies from sopme of the older locals there.

Cheers,will check it out one day.