Pods For Seafarer

twoducks

Hi guys,gals anyone had any experience or recomendations for adding a pod to a fiberglass.

Mate of mine has just refited his transom on his 17.6 ft seafarer. Did a awesome job,(when i get the chance will post the pics..lol) now wants to add a pod for his 90hp oceanpro.

Any ideas or recommended fitters/mfg Sydney area if possible.

Cheers Twoducks

Edited by twoducks

Hi twoducks, PM me and I have details of a company who I know used to sell premade pods.

My question though is why does he want a pod. Unless it goes to the planing surface of the boat and therefore lengthens the boat, most pods I have seen added to older boats make the boat handle and run worse. A stepped up pod can cause more trouble than they are worth.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi twoducks, PM me and I have details of a company who I know used to sell premade pods.

My question though is why does he want a pod. Unless it goes to the planing surface of the boat and therefore lengthens the boat, most pods I have seen added to older boats make the boat handle and run worse. A stepped up pod can cause more trouble than they are worth.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Huey.

Gidday Huey,thanks for your reply

Yes the boat is being lengthened,as the outboard well section will become a live bait tank and also stowage.

Thus the top becoming a flat surface with hatches to the above.

He has been trying to find info, on the net but dosent seem to be able to find much locally anyway.

Heres some pics of the process so far

post-2192-1199402349_thumb.jpgpost-2192-1199402486_thumb.jpgpost-2192-1199402503_thumb.jpgpost-2192-1199402524_thumb.jpg

post-2192-1199402845_thumb.jpgpost-2192-1199402884_thumb.jpg

Any suggestions or comments much appreciated

Cheers Twoducks

Hi Twoducks, I agree with you, that is an awesome looking job, your mate should be very proud of himself. I think that he should of perhaps lost that middle box and made an engine well instead and then not have had to worry about mucking with pods, but as per my last comment if he is going to fit a pod, which he is going have to do with this set-up, he should think of making one himself and having it go to the bottom of the boat and then perhaps two marlin boards either side and it would be great.

If he is able to do what he has done than a pod and a couple of marlin boards should be easy and another word of advise, unless he is using his old engine, that would be longshaft, he should make or buy a pod that is extra longshaft to get the powerhead higher out of the water.

Cheers and any questions PM me again or call,

Huey.