Setting Up Fishtank

luffyjnr

Hi All, I have a fishtank sitting out in the garage, that I would love to setup with bream, flatties, whiting etc. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and any hints or tips. I'm not sure if you need to use the water they are actually in, or if you can setup the salt water in the tank, and the fish will survive.

hi luffy! a mate had a beaut predator tank (high maintainance) super clean maori wrass, horn shark,

moray eel and a few other boofhead things, nearly took his finger off once hand feeding :074:

he introed a couple of legal bream and pinkies and i think the water was too clean for them,

you would have to get a substantial amount of water they were in..... 100ltrs? and get a test kit

and keep the water at those levels.... tk..ph etc. give the bloke in toukley a call!

but i know the levels prescribed for his predators was just to clean for ringins they lost there colour

quick and went belly up!

hope this helps.

..cheers!..stevo!..

I've kept estuarine fish. It's a headache. Best to go full 'oceanic' as sugested or estuarine fish that will live in FW. Mullet, butterfish, perchlet & eels are a few that can acclimatise to full fresh, add others if you keep it brackish with aquarium salts.

Blimey, would'nt have thought it would have been that hard. Thanks for the info, might look at bass n mullet, bream will live in semi fresh water I spose, but I don't want to stress the fish out