Good Bait And Tackle Shop Near Ryde?

Seagoon

Guys, can somone recommend to me a good bait and tackle shop near Ryde? Perhaps best to PM me on this one. Im trying to find ye olde calk thing so that i can wrap a livie hook rig around it... but i cannae find me one anywhere!!!

Edited by paint_stripper

Hey, Paint Stripper - Bait shop one thing , tackle another. I live at Ryde/Putney and I find that the guys at Otto's Fishy Business at Drummoyne are really good and helpful. There is a tackle shop at West Ryde but not a huge range of stock - reletively new ownership.

As for bait, I go to the Asian seafood suppliers at Eastwood( there's 2) and buy fresh squid @ around $6 p/kilo and they also have mullet, slimies etc - very cheap - around $5 kilo. My freezer always has a stock of bait like squid tubes etc.

Something else I stumbled across about a year ago, at Eastwood near the seafood suppliers there is an Asian supermarket opposite that big carpark and they sell kilo packets of frozen peeled prawns for $7. I've been using these for ages and they are fantastic. They don't go off in the sun and are very tough so they stay on the hook really well. The fish love 'em. I've caught flatties, trevs, mowies and even a jewie on these things. I usually just take some in a ziploc bag from the main packet. Don't tell anyone, though, as this is supposed to be a secret!!!

Cheers,

Russ

Awesome! Thanks, that is so helpful! I frequent Eastwood quite a bit as i live at North Ryde - have you tried the "F**** Fried Rice" from "Excellent BBQ Kitchen". Its really good. And yep, thats what its called. Its "Hokkien" in another Chinese dialect.

Hahaha. It must have changed names? You can still get the F'n fried rice there. Next time im near there, probably 2morrow, ill grab a take away menu. Ordering it is a bit difficult - you can imagine. "Ah, i'll have this one here, thanks"... Highly recommended anyhow - good value for money that place. Thank God for the Chinese saving us from meat and 3 veg.