Rod Hogger Strikes Again

Nicnat

A very frustrating start to our day on the Bay this morning with heaps of boats everywhere restricting our efforts. Tried a few different spots for live bait but gave up after being surrounded by heaps of other people trying to do the same. :(

A change of plan was called for so we headed to one of our ever reliable spots and found only one other boat there :thumbup:

We started our berley trail and set the rods and it was very quiet for the first hour or so. The tide probably wasn't helping but suddenly one of the rods finally went off and RH pounced (7yr old son). A minute or so later a nice 30cm Bream hit the deck. This was the start of a pleasant couple of hours with regular bites including a couple of serious runs on light gear that ended up with pulled hooks. We ended up with close to a dozen bream ranging from 25-35cm and lost that many again as they were biting very timidly and only mouthing the baits. We tried pilchards, squid, slimey strips and yellowtail but they were only going for prawns on the light lines.

As we are heading to Port Macquarie for a week tomorrow all the fish bar one went back and RH was very pleased with his tally of 10 fish vs my 1.

post-6181-1200099820_thumb.jpg

Young RH is certainly showing how it's done lately :yahoo:

That smile is right out of a Kodak moment commercial I reckon.

Good stuff and good luck on the upcoming trip.

You might have to handicap him by making him use your rod :074:

Cheers,

Pete.

Esky6 - Thanks for rubbing it in. RH also likes to read these posts and encouragement is one thing he doesn't need!

Pete - RH has earnt his nickname well and any rod in the boat tends to be "his". And yes we are having a good run lately but the Old Man is feeling the pressure to keep producing fish. RH is starting to expect fish all the time and we had to work hard for it today.

dissapointed rod hogger why did you let the old man catch a fish 10 - 1 ,imaging the bragging rights you could of had , :Funny-Post: you have to practice getting to the rods first, maybe tying his shoelaces together will slow down the old man enough

well done guys

Well done with your little one Nicnat! I love doing that with my kids too.

A little lesson though........................

Jess and Becky are both at the start of high school, therefore should they catch more fish than me, they loose their mobile phone allowance.(These days it goes without saying) :biggrin2:

My young son Cameron, well, I just straight up said that if he catches a bigger fish than me I will simply throw him overboard.(The girls like that idea) :1yikes:

Sooooooooo, let him know who's boss out there!

Your right.......... It didnt work with me either :mad3:

It sounds like a top day out, well done

Cheers,

Stumpy