My Personal Best Flathead

Hooked-Up

hey raiders

today was a great day went to H&C landbased to flick some plastics for flathead with some friends (raider rochelle bialous) and her hubby mick

first spot about 40 mins of flicking assorted softies for not a touch and we decide to go cook the bacon and egg rolls wed brought with us found a quiet spot and rochelle began getting breky ready whilst mick made the coffees (champs), i thought might as well have a cast, head down to the water swiftly followed by mick and started casting pretty much straight away im on then bam micks on at the same time a bit of a tussle and weve landed 1 each a bream for mick 22_26cm ish and a flatty for me 35 ish , quickly remove the lures and release the fish, happydays by this time brekys ready we quickly eat and soon after were back into it with another spot change, begin casting casting casting then on the drop after a few twitches as i lift the rod i feel it, im on, she wanted to stay on the bottom and as i eased her up i could feel the weight and knew this was big kept the pressure on her as much as was willing with 6lb main and leader till she started to tire and first sight i was like :1yikes: a few strong runs later i headed for land, i had to beach her as was fishing on wharf with the net in the car (typical huh) managed to get her in with the help of mick now upto his knees in water with someone elses net (thanks mate) anyway heres some pictures of today

BigBream.jpg

the bream

HenChickenCroc.jpg

BigFlatties.jpg

BigMummaCroc.jpg

she went 81cm and was fat as

ReleasingtheBigCroc.jpg

and was released to make lots more flatties for all of us,

im a happy man :beersmile:

What a beautiful old girl eh? Pretty damned good for H&C...must be some decent fish in there now.

Love the swimming off shot. Last big old girl I got (75cm), she just laid there for about 2 minutes and slowly Kicked her tail and leisurely swam off...not a bit skittish of me standing next to her.

Great session and now I want a B&E Roll :074: Flightmanager??? Do you make house calls??

Cheers,

Pete.

Bloody nice flatty mate.

At $39.90 a kilo for filletted, skinned flathead it's hard to send them back. (or maybe thats just me)

Dave

hehe come across alot more smaller fish which we do eat mate havnt paid for flattie fillets in ages thankfully, better off swimming i reckon,

Pete sorry for making you hungry mate hehe

i agree about hen and chicken was a big surprise

how old you reckon itd be at this size?

and about the 75cm job sitting there for a bit, this one did the same, might have been a bit puffed hehe

she sat there till i gave the little splash you can see in the pic then slowly swam off, good sight.

oh and i forgot to mention in the post that whilst fighting almost beached the lizard and she regurgitated a

bream of almost legal size :1yikes:

go the placcies

Edited by Hooked up

Congrats on a top Flattie mate. Looks like a very nice fish to top off a great day. :thumbup:

I fished H&C bay for MANY years & never nailed a lizard that big. :1yikes:

The fish down there arn't very good eating, no matter what size. Very good c&r fishery though.

If you need any other spots in the bay drop me a p.m. I know the bay quite well. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Bloody nice flatty mate.

At $39.90 a kilo for filletted, skinned flathead it's hard to send them back. (or maybe thats just me)

Dave

Very nice man, i know how they go on light line got one acouple of weeks around that size! And isn't it great to see them go back like that, after the fight on light line they are buggered as it can last for up to 20 mins!

BTW just a bit of advice, i wouldn't leave your reel in the sand like that, it wont last long at all!

Thats just you i think! :1prop:

Edited by RPL

RPL ive seen your pics and thats a great lizard too mate good job, good to see you kept your head and held your rod in your mouth, my mind was racing man my reel didnt even enter my mind but yeah i know it aint good for it, whats that lure hanging out of your flatties gob?

RPL ive seen your pics and thats a great lizard too mate good job, good to see you kept your head and held your rod in your mouth, my mind was racing man my reel didnt even enter my mind but yeah i know it aint good for it, whats that lure hanging out of your flatties gob?

3' Burkley bassminnow in Pearl, believe in me, once you get a PB flattie on SP's you'll be hooked till your next quiet spell...

Yea , i held it like that cause she was pretty buggered after the fight she gave me!

Your right, you dont know what to think, at that stage i would of ended the day, but i continued to get 9 smaller models.. haha

Well done mate, that is a mighty fish you had there...they are such a beautiful fish too. The colours and markings on her look fantastic! And great to see you let her go, there is nothing like the feeling you get when you see them dissapear into the depths and out of sight.

I know many fisho's on this site would agree.

Once again, well done.

Charmo

Well done mate, that is a mighty fish you had there...they are such a beautiful fish too. The colours and markings on her look fantastic! And great to see you let her go, there is nothing like the feeling you get when you see them dissapear into the depths and out of sight.

I know many fisho's on this site would agree.

Once again, well done.

Charmo

thanks mate and lets hope so aye