Sydney Harbour - They Stole My Stella Again

gretsch

Happy New Year Raiders.

I officially declare it the "Year of the King". :thumbup:

I had three days out on the Harbour last week. The action wasn't hot but still, we caught a few.

The week's tally:

Monday - 2 undersized Kings

Thursday - 1 x 78cm and four babies

Sunday - 1 x 72, 1 x 66 and 7 babies

As some of you may remember, I lost a 6000 Stella and an Ian Miller Bay Buster last season only to have a mate miraculously hook it again three weeks later!!! :1prop:

It has happened again except this time the fish got a rod holder too!!! I turned away for a second and whack!! off goes the rod, reel and holder. :1badmood: I still have the base of the rod holder which I am going to catapult at the manufacturer. :tease:

I spent the remainder of that day fishing fresh squid with a 3kg Loomis Custom and a Stella 2500. I managed to land a 63cm king on this light outfit. Great fun on the light gear. :biggrin2:

The Bro in Law and Ceph with a 78

The Flick Stick Loaded Up!!

Edited by Ceph

not again

what rod holder u using? not plastic ones i hope!

cheers

miller

No mate.. learn't my lesson with those heaps of shit. :wacko:

I bought some heavy duty aluminium "Titelok" rod holders from the USA. They were supposed to be designed for Halibut and Striper fishing (heavy fish and hard pullers). The stainless steel bolt which connects the tube to the base sheared off!!! I reckon it was a Hoodlum!! :1prop:

I bought some heavy duty aluminium "Titelok" rod holders from the USA. They were supposed to be designed for Halibut and Striper fishing (heavy fish and hard pullers). The stainless steel bolt which connects the tube to the base sheared off!!! I reckon it was a Hoodlum!! :1prop:

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

no wonder your :mad3::mad3:

Tough luck there ceph. Reckon the king went around showing off his new jewelry that day? But on a more serious note as this almost happened to me last week as well i do feel your pain. except i would have had a damn slimy swimming with a saltiga rod and avet reel as jewelry. Keep your rods in a secure spot guys!!!!!!

Massive condolances on the stella .... not to mention not getting a chance to apply some serious drag on whatever sea monster pulled it overboard.

I remember reading your post where you lost it the first time- I told the story to all my fishing mates and it got some serious laughs. I suppose the "glass half full" way of looking at it is to be greatful for all the fish you've been able to catch with it since it's first swim.... tragedy none the less!

lol damn thats gotta be frustrating. If i was you id tie a rope from the rod to my leg so that if the hoodlums gona take the rod, the bastards gona have to take me down too lol..

again, bad luck, and hopefully ull get ur reel next time round :P.

Nice kingies too!

No mate.. learn't my lesson with those heaps of shit. :wacko:

Mate rotten luck, cheer up a big kingy trailing a 6ft rod, reel and tube of alloy shouldnt been to hard to locate on the sounder :1prop:

Someone needs to come up with a poem about Ceph and his Stella's

Ill see what I can do in that regard!!!! :wacko::wacko:

Well done on the fishing Ceph but hard luck on the Stella.... guess you were just not meant to have (own) that outfit!!! :1badmood::1badmood:

Edited by PJ Garn

Quite right PJ.

Saw your poem in a fishig mag a while back.. nice work. :biggrin2:

"There was a keen fisherman fella

Who fished from a boat called Old Yella

His squid he did fling

In search of a King

And the f....ker did steal his new Stella"

I am bitter. :thumbdown:

Edited by Ceph