Batemans Marine Park 16/1/08

Croydon

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've had much to report down here. Between work and searching for the new boat, I sort of ran out of time. A little while back I sold my 5m Seafarer Viva (very sad to see her go actually) but I bought a new toy, not too long after. I ended up buying a second hand Barcrusher 560C with a Yamaha 115hp 2s, which only had 34 hours on the motor. I've put a few on her since though. Here's a pic, I ended up caller her 'Bar'z Open'...... Have to do a bit of work on the sticker, she's a bit small.

post-4525-1200463273_thumb.jpg

The boat's like it just came out of the showroom, lots of fun extras without the extra price. All I added was a new stainless solas prop and a colour Raymarine sounder. I'm really loving the boat. Anyway to the report.

Hit the water about 5am and within half hour had 15 - 20 slimies and yakkas in the tank. Decided to head out to the eastern most Marine Park bouy as listed on their you beaut maps. You guessed it, the bouy ain't out there yet!! They've put a few in close but nothing to define the eastern limit of the Park. It's got me buggered how your supposed to know if your doing the right thing or not.

Anyway, moved on to South Durras and fished the 25 fathom mark. Had 20 - 21 degree water which looked pretty good. Plenty showing on the sounder but fairly slow morning. Heaps of small nannygai, leather jacket, mowies and the like. Picked up one small red and my mate picked up dad.......

post-4525-1200463548_thumb.jpg

All in all a pretty good day once the wind dropped and sea calmed. Come on Friday for round two. All the best......

Dave

I was thinking the same thing.

Congratulations on the new boat.

That makes 3 of us, I got the little one, my mate got the one in the picture......

He hasn't learnt yet, you don't out fish the captain..............

Dave

B.Bay is a lovely part of the World and i will be doing some serious fishing down that way on Australia Day long weekend. :1fishing1:

The Bay is a great spot all right, and by the long weekend the water should be warm and the fish on the bite. It looks like I'm working but if you want a bit of info on what's happening on the water drop me a line. All the best..... Dave

Thats a beauty of a boat, and I love the name-don't mind the odd VB myself !

The fish, top catch ! I am jealous. I was going to say something rude, but you look a little too big to cheese off !

Nice catch errr.............. Good Buddy :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Stumpy !

B.Bay is a lovely part of the World and i will be doing some serious fishing down that way on Australia Day long weekend. :1fishing1:

If only the Canberra people would go away !!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Stumpy

(Waiting for the backlash :1yikes: )

Thats a beauty of a boat, and I love the name-don't mind the odd VB myself !

The fish, top catch ! I am jealous. I was going to say something rude, but you look a little too big to cheese off !

Nice catch errr.............. Good Buddy :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Stumpy !

If only the Canberra people would go away !!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Stumpy

(Waiting for the backlash :1yikes: )

Can't find a decent Carlton Draught to go with the name, but I keep trying. And for the Canberrans, they're a bit like the cheese and kisses, you gotta luv 'em but occasionally it's nice from a distance. And your worried about backlash............