Old Mans Hat Saturday 19th

kingiemaster

Went down to North Head Saturday morning with a bit of hang over :beersmile: and remembered why I don't go drinking after work on Friday nights :wacko: . Was made worse as I was the first person down the track and had to watch what I was doing to avoid a mouthfull of spider webs.

Got down to the platform and conditions were perfect. Bit of a swell, very little wind.

Left my blackfish outfit at home and rigged up the 20lb drummer stick to fish the outgoing exclusively for drummer.

Got the first hit within about 10 mins. Managed to get fish to the edge of the platform but just as I was about to wash it up with a wave it made one last lunge and wrapped me up in the cunje. I reckon it would have gone about 50cm. Got smashed two more times before bringing in one just under 40cm .

Got smashed two more times after that. Hook almost straightened on one and all the others were lost at the knot. Can only conclude that the Sunline mono leader doesn’t tie well to terminal tackle(no problems with the superglued Albright joiner to braid main line). Think I am going to go back to the old cheapo 30lb Superflex. Have also bought some small 2/0 live bait hooks and that a Mack truck couldn't straighten.

With the turn of the tide things went very quiet and didn't improve with the run in tide.

This is the first time I have haven't caught a single Blackfish from OMH.

It's as if the Drummer have taken over. But I'm not complaining it's blast getting amongst the drummer week after week and make use of my drummer outfit.

Saw some boats bring in Kings (including Delta's nice 95 cm model) and another boat that appeared to be bringing in either salmon or frigate mackeral on lures.

Dave

hi kingiemaster

looks like the drummer are 'on' even in summer...if we can it summer!!!

interestingly i prefer drummer fishing in spring/early summer and my biggest 47 cm was caught in december.

i have never tried old man hat before. would like to give it a go one of these days.

anyway welldone and keep us inform on your latest drummer sessions

cheers

bert