Worm Hooks On Stickbaits

my03

guys im just a bit confused with which size worm hooks for stickbaits, how big a hook should i use for 6 inch sluggos or those type of stick baits?

ive just bought a box of worm hooks that are actually a size 5 but for some reason the size 4 hooks that i was recomended by the tackle store are longer, are these hooks made specifically for texas rigging?

basically what i need to know is, are there any differences or missed hits if i used the size 5 hook with the shorter length, and also, where abouts is the hook supposed to be positioned along a 6 inch sluggo? in between the two lines?in front of the first of?

note the shape of the two worm hooks, which one should i use?

thanks

post-2638-1201065239_thumb.jpg

Have to agree with greg but more so for the reason that the sluggo dosent slip down the hook, if you look at the bottom hook the bend at the eye stops that from happening(new watching that Storm DVD would come in handy) :yahoo::thumbup: .

Have to agree with greg but more so for the reason that the sluggo dosent slip down the hook, if you look at the bottom hook the bend at the eye stops that from happening(new watching that Storm DVD would come in handy) :yahoo::thumbup: .

thanks for the replies guys, so using the bottom hook wont minimise hookups because of the smaller size?

makes me feel good that i didnt buy the wrong hooks!