Sydney Harbour 26/1

slinkymalinky

Still looking for that first king for my 6yo fisho daughter. After 2 weeks of incredible reports from North Head, looks like most of the Kingies were caught inside on Australia Day.... a fact we finally clued onto thanks mostly to Kiwi Dan. BrettP nailed a 63cm model and dropped another one next to the boat within 10 minutes of arriving at our (Kiwi's) spot, then things went quiet. Managed to lose an anchor for the first time in Sydney harbour.... that's what you get for being lazy and leaving the sand anchor on instead of swapping over to the reef pick, even though the sounder says you should!!

The brightest note is that since hooking up with BrettP from FishRaider we've together managed to get squidding worked out.... not just catching them consistently in the same old spots but now were trying new spots that fit 'our pattern' every time we go out and getting good hauls... Sydney Harbour, Pittwater... doesn't seem to matter where we go, the pattern remains pretty much the same and the squid follow. Can't be long till it pays off big time with better kingy and jewfish captures. Just wish my eldest daughter wasn't highly allergic to them so I could take some home for the plate!!

(oh, by the way.... 'the pattern' will henceforth be known as 'Pattern X' in honour of the spot/s where we're finding all the squid).

Cheers, Slinky

Still looking for that first king for my 6yo fisho daughter. After 2 weeks of incredible reports from North Head, looks like most of the Kingies were caught inside on Australia Day.... a fact we finally clued onto thanks mostly to Kiwi Dan. BrettP nailed a 63cm model and dropped another one next to the boat within 10 minutes of arriving at our (Kiwi's) spot, then things went quiet. Managed to lose an anchor for the first time in Sydney harbour.... that's what you get for being lazy and leaving the sand anchor on instead of swapping over to the reef pick, even though the sounder says you should!!

The brightest note is that since hooking up with BrettP from FishRaider we've together managed to get squidding worked out.... not just catching them consistently in the same old spots but now were trying new spots that fit 'our pattern' every time we go out and getting good hauls... Sydney Harbour, Pittwater... doesn't seem to matter where we go, the pattern remains pretty much the same and the squid follow. Can't be long till it pays off big time with better kingy and jewfish captures. Just wish my eldest daughter wasn't highly allergic to them so I could take some home for the plate!!

(oh, by the way.... 'the pattern' will henceforth be known as 'Pattern X' in honour of the spot/s where we're finding all the squid).

Cheers, Slinky

Thanks for the day out. I was stoked to get my best kingy (63cm and undersize, but it is a start). Hope to be there to see the look on young jemma's face when she does get that first King. She was a pleasure to fish with yesterday and for a 6 year old girl to be out for 10 hrs, not catch a fish (other than squid, which has my vote for FOTM ) and not complain, in fact wanted to stay until she got a Kingfish is a credit to you and a great start to a fishing career.

Cheers

Brett