Hawkesbury 29/1/08 A Good Day On The Jew!

jewgaffer

------What were the other fish like, that Alex and little jewgaffer got?

Congrats Byron :1fishing1:

Hi Dave Thanks mate. Tuesday was one of those days when everthing was near perfect for a good jew result. I was very happy to go when Alex rang me late on Monday night. We had fished together before and Alex is one of a kind and knows all the ropes. The southerly blow up early on Monday morning and what we needed for Tuesday was a wind change and it changed from south to east and north east overnight and settled!. Alex intended to go out along the rock faces towards Wattamolla on Monday but the howling southerly thru Botant Bay quickly put paid to that.

Being a Queenslander Alex sounded very keen to have a go at the Hawkesbury jew when I told him I had bad back aches but would still go because I thought we'd do well.

Overall we must have had about twenty five hook ups some of which are hardly worth mentioning and seven jew all up . The early jew were not quiet legal but the bigger fish came in afterwards.

Alex was hit first by a jew which peeled off heaps of drag but failed to take the hooks. Minutes later I hooked up. I estimated that the jew lost by Alex was a larger fish going on the rod bend.

Other fish caught were small sharks, rays, catfish and eels.

We got a few flathead and bream but nothing special early in the session and decided too release them as we would have had to keep them too long.

Alex is a very experienced boatie and an excellent deep sea fisherman having worked with a charter service in his hometown up in Queensland and his recent topics and fish of the month entries tells the Frangkie story well.

We have already made plans for our next jew session followed by a kingfish session and hopefully Alex will hook up the big jew that somehow managed to escape razor sharp hooks during that hard run on Tuesday.

That's about it Dave

Cheers mate

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

:1fishing1:

Did you get a length weight etc.......

cheers

inhlanzi

Hi Mike

I overlooked the length in my previous reply. It went 1.1

Hope that helps

As to the other information the chap requires for the jewfish study, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Cheers mate

jewgaffer :1fishing1: