Polycraft Side Console

newatthegame

Hey Guys

Just looking to upgrade my existing boat which is a quintrex 3.85m explorer. Was looking at the 4.5m Hornets and 4.1m polycraft boats. Never been near or seen a polycraft before, would i notice much of an upgrade space wise on the explorer? What speeds are achieved in a polycraft with 50HP? Is there much room to fit under the console for a big man (6"2 110kg)? Is the finish a bit dodgy?

I have heard great things about stability, ride and noise and they seem good value for money. Any help would be great

Thanks

Gdayyyyyyyyyy,WE HAVE THE 4.1 SIDE CONSOLE.

With 50 hp Suzuki 4 stroke and achieve 33 knots by the sounder which is accurate.

The finish on ours is still as good as the day we bought it.

Plenty of room for 2 people and accomodates 3 no worries.

I have taken many raiders out in our boat and everyone raves about its handling ,smoothness and stability.

post-256-1201689429_thumb.jpg

Any other questions about the boat ,feel free to ask :biggrin2: If you want to come for a ride ? send me a pm.

Cheers Stewy

I will be taking newatthegame for a test run soon :biggrin2:

I am biased of course ,but for the money this boat is great for the lure fisher and has deep sides for the little ones .

I have had ours for 3 yrs and can not fault it other than you can not stow your rods under the hull.

Small price to pay for a nice stable ,soft riding boat and cheap as chips to run and maintain.

One of the best things is no electrolysis :thumbup: and you can screw many gadgets straight to the polyethelylene with stainless screws.

Cheers Stewy

I will be taking newatthegame for a test run soon :biggrin2:

I am biased of course ,but for the money this boat is great for the lure fisher and has deep sides for the little ones .

I have had ours for 3 yrs and can not fault it other than you can not stow your rods under the hull.

Small price to pay for a nice stable ,soft riding boat and cheap as chips to run and maintain.

One of the best things is no electrolysis :thumbup: and you can screw many gadgets straight to the polyethelylene with stainless screws.

Cheers Stewy

Thanks guys for the offers, what a great site

Mate go the polly , ive had several alloy boats sea jay , quintrex ect -ive just purchased a 4.55 centre console pollycraft with a suzuki 50 4 stroke ,plenty power , verry impressed with the ride ,high sides , tough as ,would never get another alloy boat again, for the money pollys rule hands down. :thumbup::thumbup:

cheers and good luck

Guy

before i start I have to say my poly wont be here till just before easter so I am not exactly a polycraft freak.

When looking for a new boat recently i checked out many 3.8m - 4.2m. I quickly realised that the big name quintrex was way overpriced and if you were looking for a good fishing boat dont just buy on name alone.

I checked out most tinneys in the size range before going out on two mates boats for a test run. One was a 4.1m poly side console and the other was a stacer tinney.

The poly out performed the tinney hands down in my opinion. They were both the same size with similar engines. The polycraft handled chop and small seas so much better it was incredible.

My decision was simple - poly

The only thing I will say is for my fishing style there is no way I would buy a console boat in 4.1m. I have purchased the open boat (tiller) purely because I need a lot of room to fit my crap. I take everything with me when I fish at night, teapot, burner, book, paper, radio, sausages, eggs etc. plus I am 6' 5" so I need leg room.

I couldnt see a benefit for me using any sort of console so i got the tiller stear.

Check the cost difference betweenn alluminium and poly. It will leave a good few dollars for beer.

Dave

I will tell you how good it really is at easter when I get her.

The good thing about a console is wind protection on a cold morning for your body and face and definately your hands.

All the gauges are right in front of you and even a big bloke will fit behind the console because the seat is far enough back to allow you to sit comfortably.

The seats that Polycraft supply are so comfortable you dont feel any bumps at all,even when you get a bit airbourne over very large chop :biggrin2:

Here is the interior.

post-256-1201815987_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201816005_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201816018_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201816033_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201816045_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201816152_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201816164_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

What's with the Okky strap, Stewy? Is that your Autopilot ??

Russ.

The occy strap stops the motor from moving when I am travelling at 110 kph ,I hate the motor laying to one side :wacko:

The good thing about a console is wind protection on a cold morning for your body and face and definately your hands.

All the gauges are right in front of you and even a big bloke will fit behind the console because the seat is far enough back to allow you to sit comfortably.

The seats that Polycraft supply are so comfortable you dont feel any bumps at all,even when you get a bit airbourne over very large chop.

Spot on.

Console also gives you something to hold on to (hand rails) when hamering through a decent swell.

I feel a bit iffy :wacko: in a tiller steer when it blows up a bit.