Sydney Harbour 2/2

slinkymalinky

I was flying solo today as "someone" (BrettP) had to do something called work??? go figure.

Managed to get an absolute boat load of squid (I even donated some to Kiwi Dan, and Iv'e still managed to stash more than enough for the next trip in the freezer) and ran out to Dobroyd at first light.

I learned a new dance today when within 3 minutes of my baits hitting the water, the squid strip got hit and came up solid, then the live squid went off. I was riverdancing around the boat like a madman... MC Hammer had nothing on me. You should have seen the moves!! 5 minutes in... two on the deck and guess what.... 65 and 67cm.... hooray, sashimi for dinner.

I called Kiwi Dan over and he arrived just in time to see me boat another smaller model. I know Kiwi scored but not sure how many.

Then just like that, they switched off so toddled further up the harbour where there was a plague of rats (and 50' charter boats running through the middle of the anchored boats to get a crew of seasick patrons inconveniently onto the kings). I got tapped a couple of times but didn't hook up and since all the fish were ratties (one guy out there had caught about 25 and not one made 65cm) I headed back to Dobroyd. Got my downrigged squid beheaded by a good hit (how do they miss the hooks???) but nothing else.

As a last gasp as the rain clouds decided to open up, I sat up in middle harbour and proved yet again, that Kings know which is the lightest outfit you have. I floated small bits of squid down to the bottom scroing a nice bream before a kingy decided to ignore my 30lb and 50lb outfits and snaffle the bream outfit. Short and sweet! Got totally bricked!

Cheers, Slinky

Hey Kiwi,

If you'd stayed in bed it probably would have guaranteed I wouldn't have found any squid. Certainly had to be there early that morning as they really went off the chew at the change of tide.

I restocked with Southern Calimari when I went over to our earlier spot so I still managed to put half a dozen in the freezer for next time.

Cheers, Slinky