Can Any One Identify This Fish?

Robbielites

[

Or was it all the warnies consumed over the weekend that worked thier warney magic?? Were you reaching for one when it hit...?

Well done, great looking fish there.

Get those Details up keen to know What Bait/Lure did you got it on? Lenght of fight? And more importantly what songs did Roscoe perform for y'all????

No Warnies at that stage, but I slammed 3 right after. I was shaking like a...... well you get the picture. :074:

Roscoe didn't play for us but we did get a good dose of Johnny Cash, Springsteen and Jimmy buffet out there.

Details...... Don't worry, you will be hearing the details mate; you are going to be sick of me real soon! :1prop:

But for now, here goes.

Pulled teasers from the heads for about three hours south east till we got to Roscoe’s and every one else’s spot X. I think it is the spot they call "the car park". Not too hard to find just look for the other 900 boats.

Ross invited Em and I up top for the trip out, the two of them talked each others ears off as I ducked back down below, I don’t do fly bridges on lumpy water very well :puke:

The teasers were a combo of Pakulas and a little striped tuna that had done its duty a few times before I think :)

We arrived at the spot to see a striped tail walking 100m back from the boat and Glenn had already dropped one and released another on Billfisher.

MARLINPORTSTEPHENS20082008003.jpg

Ross then backed up on some bait, Emu dropped in the bait jig and within a minute he was loaded up with slimeys. The lads worked out a roster for strike and Emma and I were given the first 20 minutes of the hour, Em was to be first she has been talking about getting into that chair for weeks on end.

We worked the area for another hour or so before the Starboard rigger got hit, Keith was up

DSC_5092.jpg

Unfortunately he dropped it but he was still a very happy man. And no he is not a dentist; I just don't have a picture of his face :)

At one o'clock the port rigger got hit. I looked at my clock and it was bang on one, I looked at "The Winch" for confirmation. Then Emu yells out "Some one get in the 'kin chair! " So you get in the chair! My intentions of getting the Mrs on first disappeared rapidly with one look at her face that said no way in hell am I going to stop that thing! :)

Righto! I was on! Hooked up solid! And I mean solid! I couldn't believe the pulling power. A few blistering runs convinced me that this amazing creature is no Sydney Harbour King.....

MARLIN2008074.jpg

A quick look down at the Tiagra 50 between pumps reveals a spool half empty FARK! Pump and wind pump and wind and then wind some more.

DSC_5098.jpg

The lads in that shot are Emu, deckie and all round good chap, Chaffey "The Winch" and Gaz. Gaz took all of the really cool shots of the fish. Thanks Gaz! I didn't see much of the action as I was head down most of the time praying for more line to appear on the reel...

And the winch, he was my Marlin mid Wife...... Breathe! Keep the pressure on! Pump some more! Relax! Let it run! Thumb your line more.... At one stage I started to slip forward and loose my footing on the chair as my shoulder started to give, all good he had me by the collar. :074:

Estimates vary but some where between 20 and 30 minutes passed before we get this view of her. What an awesome creature. And what a relief to have the reel full again.

MARLIN2008081.jpg

Chaffey calls trace up and Emu starts his deckie dance, making the kingie two step look like ballroom dancing! He has her boat side and calls last photos before he reaches for the release knife, one swift lunge and she is away to harass bait balls again...

MARLIN2008087.jpg

One very happy and sore Robbie.......

DSC_5102.jpg

Thanks to all the lads on both boats for welcoming us with open arms, a top bunch of blokes to fish and have a few Warnies with! If you ever need another spot filled you know where to find us...

Robbie.

AKA "Marlin man"

Oh, and thanks for my new lucky fishing hat :074:

Edited by Robbielites

Top report Robbie and well done again.

It must have been a great feeling getting him/her boatside after those blistering runs.

At least you have some great pics to remember a once in a lifetime for many fishing experience.

I think I can now see why the human winch in called that..gonna be a big lad when he grows up eh?

Again, congratulations on a fine C&R of one of the best fighting fish in the sea.

Congrats too to the Captain and crew of Broadbill...fine work fellas.

Cheers,

Pete.

Once again Robbie WELL DONE. :thumbup:

What a top effort by all involved.

I only hope that if i mananage to catch one,I have somewhere there to take photos of the event.

Looks like you have some new screen savers and backgrounds for the computer.

Stephen

:1fishing1:

He is known as the winch for a very good reason....

Last year he landed a Marlin in one minute three!

Bloody Hell,What took him so long. :tease:

Edited by vipernut

Stephen,

My desk top image is a picture of my wife taken on our honeymoon...

I went to change it last night to one of those shots, :whistling:

But I got interupted by a clip around the ear from :wife:

:hitsfan::bash::chair:

:074::074:

Robbie.

Compromise mate..split screen of both or one that changes on and hope that she's watching the wedding pic whenever she glances over :074:

The Winch sounds like a superhuman...landing a marlin in just over a minute has to be some sort of world record.

Pete.

What a surprise Robbie a marlin :1yikes::thumbup: I thought you were wanting us to identify one of the starfish family. :lol:

You've achieved the ultimate old mate, good on you, now you've just got to persevere and catch what's in between. :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey Robbie just wondering how that first marlin smile is going.

Its takes a while. You brush your teeth in the mirror weeks later and its still there.

Regards Winch :1prop:

Oh it is still there alright :biggrin2:

And the little dance :yahoo:

There is a down side of course, the obsession has really begun. :wacko:

Time to get one to the side of my boat. :thumbup:

Robbie.