Where Would You Go?

chrisg

Hi all

I'm looking at having a couple of days away in coming weeks. I'm happy to drive up to 3 or so hours from Sydney in any direction and really just want to take the bream kit. Happy to hire a tinny somewhere if needs be.

Where would you go? I've no idea!

Cheers

C.

The Shoalhaven Area is nice at this time of year and your bream gear would be fine down that way.

Cheers Stewy.

The Shoalhaven fishes well for bream,flatties,bass and Eps as well as the odd school jew and whiting.

The Shoalhaven Area is nice at this time of year and your bream gear would be fine down that way.

Cheers Stewy.

The Shoalhaven fishes well for bream,flatties,bass and Eps as well as the odd school jew and whiting.

Any particular part Stewy?

C.

Any particular part Stewy?

C.

If you want to stay near the water,Greenwell Point is a great spot and has a good caravan park called Pine Park.

My brother lives there and he loves it.

There are tinnies to hire as well and a nice bowling club for a feed or a drink a pub very close by and a fabulous resteraunt called the Pelican which has fantastic food.

It has a pool for the kiddies and small shop for all your goodies and Nowra is only 15 or 20 minutes away with everything you could possibly need including a hospital.

Cheers Stewy

I'd head in the same direction, only turn Right at the same set of lights off the Prineses hyway you'd normally turn left at to go to Greenwell point and head to Graddy's Retreat. (Google it and you'll find it)

Awesome Bass, EP and bream country....work your plastics, poppers and hardbodies and you can't miss.

They hire canoe's there I believe. Its got the only boat ramp for km's around so they charge you $10 i think if you just want to drop the boat in but if you stay thre its free.

I'm heading down there with my family and my cousin's family in couple of weeks with nothin but wild bass on the brain!

I'd head in the same direction, only turn Right at the same set of lights off the Prineses hyway you'd normally turn left at to go to Greenwell point and head to Graddy's Retreat. (Google it and you'll find it)

Awesome Bass, EP and bream country....work your plastics, poppers and hardbodies and you can't miss.

it's Grady's riverside retreat

LINK

say hello to my brother Brian if you get there , everyone knows him

he's been living there for years and is a gun fisherman

Hi all

I'm looking at having a couple of days away in coming weeks. I'm happy to drive up to 3 or so hours from Sydney in any direction and really just want to take the bream kit. Happy to hire a tinny somewhere if needs be.

Cheers

C.

Mate , head down to St.georges Basin . Flathead to 10 kilo , tailor to 4 kilo and some thumpin bream .

You can hire boats at sussex inlet . I was down there last weekend and caught a nice mixed bag of flatties , whiting bream ,and leaterjackets .

You would be better off staying at Sussex and hiring a boat and motoring up to the basin , a five minute run .

I live on the south coast and used to fish the Shoalhaven a bit untill I found out how good the Basin is .

:1fishing1:

Mate , head down to St.georges Basin . Flathead to 10 kilo , tailor to 4 kilo and some thumpin bream .

You can hire boats at sussex inlet . I was down there last weekend and caught a nice mixed bag of flatties , whiting bream ,and leaterjackets .

You would be better off staying at Sussex and hiring a boat and motoring up to the basin , a five minute run .

I live on the south coast and used to fish the Shoalhaven a bit untill I found out how good the Basin is .

:1fishing1:

Do yourself a favour and hit the basin , only ten minutes past Greenwell Pt .

Cheers , hulafish

Hi all

Cheers

C.

Mate bit further & North but Laurieton just south of port mac is great spot. Caravan park there called brigadoon with own ramp, can hire tinnies at dunboggan. Good fishing and great folks.

I like south coast but find it crowded at times, and worst of all my MIL lives there :yahoo: