Help Needed!

oldsalty

Hey all,

I'm in abit of a pinch as i need to to get a sounder and gps installed on my boat before friday but most local shops are booked out.

Would anyone know of any freelance guys who may be able to sort me out? or maybe another solution to my problem? please pm details if u can help.

I live in narrabeen .

thanks guys,

any info will be appreciated :biggrin2:

Hey all,

I'm in abit of a pinch as i need to to get a sounder and gps installed on my boat before friday but most local shops are booked out.

Would anyone know of any freelance guys who may be able to sort me out? or maybe another solution to my problem? please pm details if u can help.

I live in narrabeen .

thanks guys,

mate i installed my own and it works fine.

If i can do it anyone can.

Hi Oldsalty,

Mate i had the same problem recently in that i couldnt get it done quick enough.

As Dan said do it yourself. I am not overly handy and i managed it fairly easy.

Hardest part was my nerves about drilling holes into tinnie for the transducer.

Just get some sicaflex marine grade and you will be right.

Instructions for install with my Hummingbird were very good.

Good Luck.

Hey all,

I live in narrabeen .

thanks guys,

g-day i also installed mine myself & i am the worlds worst sparky my gps & sounder work tops. however now my radio & fuel gauge dont work at all.if you have a spare switch on your panel its easy. i just had to try & tidy up the other switches. there tidy now.

Old Salty,

Marine sikaflex is silicone in a tube. Similar to roffing silicone except designed for the marine environment.

Dead easy to install your fishfinder/GPS. The instructions are pretty good and explain whinch wires do what. Only really need to use the power and earth cable. I installed both of mine in about an hour. I ran a wire to the battery -Red to the positive terminal of the battery & black to negitive. I put an inline fuse on the positive as close to the battery as I could.

Some will say to wire up to the switch on the panel but I found the power and earth to much interference for my liking so I wired them straight to the battery.

Sounder transducer easp peasy as well - Silicone an old bit of plastic chopping board to transom next to the hull and screw the transducer into it. If you need to adjust/move the transducer you can do it without making a zillion holes in the transom. Once you are happy with the transdcuucer position drill a tiny hole through the screw holes and into the hull ( so you know where the transducer should go) remove the chopping board and attach it the to the hull. Too easy!

Evets